A good dealer -- ?

imchud

A Question...
I have a 2009 3385 that has had its fair share of problems with water - leaking fittings that I took care of myself, broken check valves, etc... The worst of them is on my main slide, the carpet in front of the slide gets wet after a rain. We keep it on a seasonal site, last year everytime we left to go home we would close the sildes.
when we would show up the next weekend we would find the carpet in front of the slide was wet, (if it had been raining). Three months after we purchased our 5er the dealer went out of business, (Jim May) so we contacted heartland and they hooked us up with a local (useless) repair shop in my home town. After the season ended we took it to the useless repair shop to have the slide fixed, they had it 3 weeks and said they found the problem (not) and fixed it. We then put it into winter storage... so this year we put it on site and we decided to leave the slide out this time, and you got it it, it's still leaking:mad:. although its not as bad as it was last year... but water inside the coach, a little or alot is not good.
I called Heartland and talked to Eric... They (HE) said i have to take it back to the usless repair shop that didn't fix it right last time, but I just don't trust them. I live in Findlay ohio and would be willing to take it just about anywhere (within reason) to a dealer who has a good track record in repair... Anybody got a great dealer they can suggest? or any suggestions on a way I can fix it myself??? thanks...

GETnBYE

Long drive, but RV World of Georgia fixed a whole crapload of problems for us, even some that our crappy repair shop in North Alabama did wrong. They were great to us and treated us like we had bought our unit from them.
Nita

wdk450

IMCHUD:
If you don't get helpful responses here, you might look at the RV Service Reviews website. Here is the listing for Ohio:
http://www.rvservicereviews.com/StateList.asp?state=OH
BTW, I would make a posting on the RV Service Reviews website about your less than satisfactory repair experience, for the benefit of others, and to goad the servicer to "get their act together".

You might call Heartland service back, and ask for independent services in other nearby locations.

Best regards,

mcarso1

Fortunately we have not had any major problems yet but after reading many of the posts on here its made me pretty scared of what may be to come. Our dealer here in Pa. has been fantastic and I would reccomend you contact them for your service work, I am sure they would help you out. Brooks camper sales in Connellsville Pa. 724-628-5625 ask for Eric and tell him Shane Carson sent you. He has been very good to us, we looked at several dealerships before we purchased and they were the most personable and helpful. This is our first camper and we jumped right in to the Big Country, we really like the unit and had our maiden voyage over Memorial day weekend. Knock on wood but no major issues, small leak on shower glass where it met the fiberglass tub, I will re-caulk the seal and am sure it will be fine. I called the dealer and told them, they said to bring the camper in but I did not figure it was bad enough to haul it out there for that. Well see how it goes!

Last edited:

imchud

Thanks guys for all the info... I will check out service reviews web site...
Mcarso1, don't be afraid of your Big Horn, Heartland makes a great product and they do stand behind their units. The most frustrating thing for me was/is the water issues that i have had. We had leaking or broken fittings that I fixed (not that big of a deal) but a pain in the *** non the less. A lot of the problems seem to be an easy fix (so Far) but when you pay 50,000 plus for a 5er you expect it to work without to many flaws. I... like you... starting reading these post two years ago, shortly after I purchased my 3385. I also started to have some sleepless nights thinking about if I did the right thing or not? But in the long run I think with the Heartland product you get the most bang for the buck. I have been camping for 30 plus years, we have had Jayco, Wilderness, & Holiday Rambler and they have all had their fair share of problems. Before we purchased the Heartland we almost got another Jayco, but the heartland was well equiped with much more then the Jayco, and in order to get what we got with the HL we would have had to pay about 10 to 15 grand more... So you made a good choice, just enjoy it and if something happens just smile and work through it and enjoy the RV lifestyle.

Tom