hi - new heartland owner!

debh

hi. im new to this forum and a soon to be new heartland owner. we have a 3300RLB on order and it should be here in another week or 2. i cant wait!!

ive already found a lot of great info on here.

while not new to camping i am new to doing it with a 5th wheel. we started out with a popup and in a few years went to a 27ft TT.

jimtoo

Hi debh,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The change will be good, more room and easier towing.. You will love it. When you go to pickup your unit, do a really good PDI and if possible stay a couple of nights.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

debh

thank you jim. i do plan on the really good PDI!! we will be heading to maine shortly after getting it and will probably not have time to take it out locally before that. does "camping" in the yard count? lol.

easier towing........... from all the research ive done we are now maxed out. we have an f-250 7.3L diesel. our dealer said we are ok. i sure hope so!!

any towing tips for a 5er would be appreciated!! new beast for us!

SmokeyBare

Debh,

Congratulations on your new Fifth Wheel ! Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum as well.

One tip is think "Team Work" when towing the Fifth Wheel. I would encourage you to always stay in "Eye Contact", or in clear view of the side mirrors of the driver. Being able to see the driver as they backing into a Site is very helpful for clear signals being communicated between you both.

Many folks have their own method of putting their RV in a Campground site. Some can communicate with a few hand signs. Some stand off the side of the RV as it moves into the site talking them back in the site... others stand to the rear, calling out their partner, others use a pair of radios to communicate. What ever works for you and your spouse... stick with it !!!

Another pair of eyes looking in places that the driver can't see is the key to a start of a successful camping experience.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I say welcome to the Heartland family.There are a lot of great people here and much very helpful info.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Welcome. You made a great decision. Take a look at the HL Owner's Club also. There is a ton of info on this forum.

MurrayN.

Hi Debh
Great move getting this trailer! We have had ours for just over 1 year now and love it. We pull ours with a 2500HD and have no problem even in the mountains. Just stay a little on the slow side to keep things under control especially when you head down some long hills. Our 5ver tows beautifully, it is hard to believe sometimes that I have that much trailer behind me. I hope that you get as much enjoyment out of yours as we have from ours.

davebennington

Welcome to the Heartland family, great bunch of people here. If you can find the time please come to the rally at Mount Airy NC it is going to be a blast. If you are interested in joining the Heartland owners club contact myself or Jim Beletti.

Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland forum group. Once your new "condo on wheels" arrives, enjoy and travel safely.

debh

YAY!! i just got the call today. new 3300RLB is in. cant pick it up till NEXT tues though. they said they need a week to detail it. cutting it REAL close. we leave 3 days after that for a 10 day trip to maine.

goodtruck

Hi and congrats on the new Heartland be sure to set aside the time to do a really good PDI it will save allot of time later.Welcome to the forum and the Heartland family.