Lippert Level Up System

timbuktu

Can anyone break down the differences between the Big Foot system and Lippert Level Up? Is one beefier than the other? If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Big Foot been around longer? How do the warranties compare? I will be ordering my 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD in the next few weeks and am really not sure which one to get installed after I take delivery.

timbuktu

I couldn't find much info when I searched "Big Foot" but since my last post, I did another search under "Bigfoot" and found an awesome thread which answered most of my question. Here's the link to the thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...eveling-System-Which-Better?highlight=bigfoot

santafedave

Santafedave
Has anybody found out if they are installing this system (6 jacks) on the West Coast? I am interested in this and I hope Lippert has installers in the California area. D.

djlogan

From extensive conversations with both Lippert and Trail-Air, the only place you can get the system installed is at Trail Air in Indiana. I could not even get Lippert to send me a kit so I could do a self install. I do have a few irons in the fire with them and hopefully we'll have a Western regional install facility for the level-up sometime this year. I'd love to have one.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Can anyone break down the differences between the Big Foot system and Lippert Level Up? Is one beefier than the other? If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Big Foot been around longer? How do the warranties compare? I will be ordering my 2011 Cyclone 3950 HD in the next few weeks and am really not sure which one to get installed after I take delivery.

Bigfoot is fully automatic. Remove it from the TV and push one button and step back and let it do its work.
The jacks on BF are each self contained. Each has it's own motor and hydraulic pump.
It has a manual option which lets you adjust each jack seperately or in pairs, front, rear or by sides.
I have had no poblems with the Bigfoot.
I do not have to have it close to level to have the system operate.
BF uses only four jacks. Lippert has 4 plus the landing gear.
With the four jacks and using the existing electric stabilizer jacks in the rear, the trailer is very stable. I have removed the JT Strongarms because I don't need them.
Bigfoot has been in the business for many years. They are on MH, Trailers and Semi's.

BC

porthole

Retired
Both are similar, both have perceived advantages-disadvantages.

The Lippert may not "auto-level" if too far out of level when starting. I think something like over 3 degrees. I have yet to run into this issue. Every time has been a charm so far.

L - weld on, factory only
BF - bolt on take it with you to your next trailer
L - one pump valves to operate
BF - pumps on each jack
L – TrailAir in Indiana limited to installs
BF – do it your self if so inclined.

L – the jacks float, e.g. if you raise the front the middle will float to keep the load equal and the rear will retract, always keeping the loads on each jack equal. No frame flexing. Don’t know about the BF.

Cost – big difference it appears.
Considering the fantastic deal we got for attending the Nashville rally (thanks again Jim B), the Lippert was a no brainer.

L - $2400 installed (special price, normally around $4k I think), drop off in the morning, take home in the afternoon (and lift trailer to change tire in the evening)

BF – looks to be a little over $5000 for a kit that you need to install. And it is 4 hydraulic jacks.
The aftermarket Lippert is 6 hydraulic jacks. If your RV already has hydraulic landing gear the cost is less.

If I was to order a new trailer tomorrow, I would order it without a leveling system and drop it off at Lippert when I picked it up.

And then drop it off at Mor/Ryde for brakes.