Lippert Level Up System

houndog-man

Does anyone have the Lippert Automatic leveling system?.. How do they work and are they worth the money?

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
EVERY SINGLE PENNY!! And we don't even have the automatic version...we do have a remote though, but have to control the landing gear and each side separately. Still allows us to have it off the truck and completely level in less than two minutes...

Next one will have the completely automatic system...someday...

hdm,

I have it. Love it. Get one!

The system you can get on a Landmark at time of order is called Lippert Electronic Leveling. It levels automatically at the push of a button on a control panel. There are other controls as well. There are 4 hydraulic jacks and the rear electric stabilizers are integrated with the system in that they deploy automatically after the system is level. They automatically raise/store when the system is re-powered on when it's time to break camp and hook up to the truck. Once hitched, there is a Auto-Retract button you hit to bring up the 4 hydraulic jacks.

The system you can get from Lippert is the Trailair LevelUp system. There are 6 hydraulic jacks with this system. The rear electric stabilizers are not integrated with this system but can still be used like you use them now. I am not certain as to whether LevelUp can be gotten with a full automatic leveling feature or not. Probably can be. I do know there is an option remote control system available for it. I'd love to have that feature :)

Both are AWESOME systems that add tremendous value to your RVing experience. If a person's budget can handle it, I'd always recommend getting it, either at time of order (if available), or aftermarket.

There are other leveling systems as well. Another popular system comes from Quadra Manufacturing and it's called Bigfoot. For a 5th wheel, it typically consists of 4 self-contained hydraulic systems/jacks. They are each connected to a centralized control system. I know of 3 Heartland owners (1 Landmark and 2 Bighorn) that have this system and they like it.

Best of luck to you in your research and decision.

Jim

DougS

Doug S
I took ownership about 2 weeks ago and have used the leveling system about 6 times on this trip and they work great. I guess they should be a time saver, but I just enjoy watching them work, so I stop working to watch the system work.
A worth while option.

DougS

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Does anyone know what the actual cost of the Automatic Level Up system from Lippert?

I was told it was available but the price I was quoted was $4300 for the wireless system and can upgrade to the automatic system at an additional cost.

BC

kakampers

Last year I paid $3,200, which included replacing the front electric landing gear with the Mobile Suites hydraulic legs. It also included the remote.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bob, Lippert is offering the level up for 2400.00 for the rally people that is with installation included. MSRP at 4295.00 offer is good from 6/11/10 - 8/18/10 . Kathy

Delaine and Lindy

Dale Fenton is here in Colorado Springs at the Rally. He is the person that designed the Level Up system. And yes there is a fully automatic Level up system on a test 5th at he rally. Watched it work last night very interesting. Worked great. We are on our second Level up system and if you ever have the system you will never ever go back to the electric system. Pull two 5th wheels in a site at the same time one with the old system and one with the Hydraulic Level up system. The Hydraulic system will be unhooked and set up before you can get unhooked with the electric system. I highly recomend the Level up system. The 6 hydraulic jacks will lift the 5er off the ground, there are a couple setting here that has one side 4" off the Ground because the site is unlevel been setting like that since Saturday. Its like night and day difference. The cost will depend on what they have to do to install the system. We had ours installed when we order our 5th wheel. GBY......

kakampers

Bob, Lippert is offering the level up for 2400.00 for the rally people that is with installation included. MSRP at 4295.00 offer is good from 6/11/10 - 8/18/10 . Kathy

If it's like last year, $2,400.00 is just for the Level-Up which consists of the 4 legs surrounding the axles. If you have electric landing gear that will have to be changed...last year that cost me $800.00....total = $3,200.00....

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
hounddog-man
When I was thinking about the things I disliked about my last 5er, disconnecting and leveling was right up at the top. When I was looking at BH's I looked at a Landmark and saw the self leveling system. I inquired and found out they would install the system during the build for $23-2400. I ordered mine with electronic leveling and like someone else said, mine is set up in about 2 minutes and I'm not sweating in this 108deg heat index. It's slicker that anything. Works great, hope it last forever.
Mickey

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
according to the E-mail I got it is the 6 point level up with one touch leveling. The price for the four legs is 1950.00 six legs is 2400.00 Kathy

kakampers

according to the E-mail I got it is the 6 point level up with one touch leveling. The price for the four legs is 1950.00 six legs is 2400.00 Kathy

If that's the case...that's one heck of a deal!!

I wonder though, are they using two of the small legs in the front like they are using on the factory install?...or will that include the massive "Mobile Suite" legs like they put on mine. After seeing what they are installing for landing gear on the 4-legged factory system...I'm glad I had mine done aftermarket...:)

I'm gonna post this to a couple LevelUp threads that are going. Attached is a map and directions to Lippert's Corporate Office as well as the Trailair Service Center. The Service Center is where LevelUp is installed. I have been asked if there are any RV sites there and I do not know but I have asked. I'll edit this thread when I find out.

Jim

Attachments

• Directions.pdf
    684.3 KB · Views: 90

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim,
Has Lippert expanded it installers out west yet? Just can't see us going that far for installation.
Kristy

Kristy,

Last I was told (this April), Lippert was in the process of qualifying service centers around the country to do LevelUp installs. Not sure where they are at in that process.

Jim

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
When I was at the TrailAir Service center in November I did not see any "RV sites". When I have service done at that location I stay at the Fair Grounds in Goshen.
In a very rare pinch they might be able to supply you with some electric. I believe they try to complete the service in 8 hours or less. The longest service time I had was about 2 hours.

Delaine and Lindy

At Drv rally in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Bob T with LCI has the fully Auto leveling system on # 1042 MS the test trailer and is being added to the latest Level Up System. Cost will depend on the Level Up system, you will have to have the 6 Hydraulic jack system. The demo was very impressive. For the system we have now 2010 MS it will cost $515.00 to $615.00 for the upgrade. At this time the only place to get the full Auto leveling system is in Goshen, Ind. In the future there will be other dealers in the lower 48. GBY....

davebennington

The Trailair service center in Goshen at 2436 Dierdorff road has 3 water and electric hookup sites in the rear of the building. We used this area when we had our levelup system installed, I would suggest however when you call for your appointment make sure that they don't have them filled with folks waiting for service.

Dave

caissiel

I hate to be different but I do have a good level up system that I have been using for the last 17 years and it never failed me yet.
I have used it to as much as 4.5" of level side to side. It takes about 1 minute to do the leveling side to side and when the truck is driven of by the wife the unit is level. Its cheap and has been very efficient for us I would not do it any other way.

I use the 2x6 sideways (2 x 8 are not as good they split) in order not to break the tire cords and place them under the tires while the wife operates the truck, she is well trained and I have good trust in her to not fail. As she moves forward and backward I pill the 2x 6 till she advises me the trailer is level. I keep my 2 x 6 in a tub container that I carry to the lower wheels when leveling.

I have set the trailer hookup on the truck so the trailer is level when I unhook, that way the truck just has to drive out and when hooking the truck, It just backs on. That way there is no way that I need to level front and back. It works about 90% of the time.
HPIM0765.JPG