EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthole

Retired
Re: Maryland Rally

Ann and Mike - on the way home from Nashville one of our stops was the KOA in Hagerstown (Antietam).
If you haven't been there yet first hand - it is probably a little small with only a small covered picnic area. So for a rally with anymore then maybe 4-5 trailers I don't think it will work. But it is near a significant Civil War site and we enjoyed our 2 day stay there.

hillsonwheels

Guess I'd better start saving my pennies to pay for all the "cool ones"! :eek: Tho I don't remember making the offer to anyone but Mike and Ann? And, that was to be exchanged for some of that marinated beef. :)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Went with Mike and Ann today to check out campgrounds for their rally. How could anyone not want to camp in a place with a registration parking area that looks like Castaway's did?

Attachments

• 100_1402.jpg
    100_1402.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 29

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Actually there were many Heartland products on site. Saw 3 Cyclones, 4 Sundance, 2 Big Country & 1 North Trail. Spoke with all the owners and some didn't know about the owners club. Trust me they do now!

Jim & Harriet

You go girls! Those folks are missing the best part of owning a
Heartland RV ... all the new friends!:angel:

cjhicks

Judy and I just got home from a mini Maryland Rally, we drove over to Fort Wally to visit with Ann,Mike,Deb and John. Had a great Potluck Dinner and some good cold beer. Judy introduced Deb to a bottle of Bahama Mommas , a good time was had by all and we are looking forward to the first official Maryland Rally some time in the near future.:cool:

Judy and I just got home from a mini Maryland Rally, we drove over to Fort Wally to visit with Ann,Mike,Deb and John. Had a great Potluck Dinner and some good cold beer. Judy introduced Deb to a bottle of Bahama Mommas , a good time was had by all and we are looking forward to the first official Maryland Rally some time in the near future.:cool:

We had a nice time here at our CG in WI. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Miss you guys.

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

We had a nice time here at our CG in WI. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Miss you guys.

Jim

Glad you are having a good time buddy! You'll have to ask Calvin & Judy if I had a good time. I can't remember!

jmaguire

Pull up a map of Castaways campground and look at sights 1A through 13A, and 19 through 28. If we could get that loop for the rally it would be awesome. It is a well run campground and reasonably priced. Roaring point might be a little small for a rally, and no 50 amp service if anyone needed it. We will be there in sight 13A the second weekend of October.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

We had a great time touring Castaway cg yesterday. There aren't too many bad sites throughout the cg. It would be awesome to have the Club Castaways gated area, especially if we could fill it up. It offers paved sites for the rv and truck, private swimming pool, private bath house complete with color TV and hair driers, private sun deck, fishing pier, private laundromat. Wow, did I mention it would all be private to us Heartlanders... The cg also offers a dog area where the pups and run off leash. It also provides a doggie beach area. Our girls would really love that! We'll keep looking but this place has all the necessities. Thank to all who suggested this cg.

Attachments

• 100_1375.jpg
    100_1375.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_1376.jpg
    100_1376.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_1385.jpg
    100_1385.jpg
    777.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1378.jpg
    100_1378.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1393.jpg
    100_1393.jpg
    780.6 KB · Views: 23

porthole

Retired

We had a great time touring Castaway cg yesterday. There aren't too many bad sites throughout the cg. It would be awesome to have the Club Castaways gated area, especially if we could fill it up. It offers paved sites for the rv and truck, private swimming pool, private bath house complete with color TV and hair driers, private sun deck, fishing pier, private laundromat. Wow, did I mention it would all be private to us Heartlanders... The cg also offers a dog area where the pups and run off leash. It also provides a doggie beach area. Our girls would really love that! We'll keep looking but this place has all the necessities. Thank to all who suggested this cg.

There was something odd about the first picture, so I zoomed in a bit

Attachments

• 100_1375.jpg
    100_1375.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 24

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

We will be at FrontierTown in 2 weeks, :)Aug 13-21:). We try to go to OceanCity every year. We'd love to tie in the '11 Maryland rally with our trip to FrontierTown next year. Let us know a date.

Thanks
Jamie

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

We will be at FrontierTown in 2 weeks, :)Aug 13-21:). We try to go to OceanCity every year. We'd love to tie in the '11 Maryland rally with our trip to FrontierTown next year. Let us know a date.

Thanks
Jamie
As soon as a date is chosen, we'll make the post. The more the merrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.