• WiFi Fee:
Details: ------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 35
  • Site fee: $50.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $ Per Person
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 9/10/2011
  • Potluck time: 05:00 p.m.
  • Event Leader: mjatwalker(click to contact)
Additional Info:
------------------------------

Attendees:
Nancy & Jim Beletti, Director of Owners Interests, HOC # 1001, Site 157
Eileen & David Betton, HOC # 1710, Site 191
Lucia & Mark Burton, HOC #1407, Site 172
Deb & John Bylinski, Northeast Regional Directors, HOC # 1135, Site 180
Louise & Tony Colligon, HOC # 1535, Site 187
Carol & Mike Conley, HOC # 1814, Site 175

Karen & Tom Darling, HOC #1891, Site 169
Betty & Butch Daugherty, HOC # 1493, Site 209

Beth & Greg Dean NY Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1384, Site 179
Betty & Bob Floyd, HOC # 1717, Site 196
Diane & Bob Frith, HOC # 1454, Site 174
Debra & Gus Funderburg VA Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1054, Site 170
Alice & Kimball Gillette, HOC # 1145, Site 185

Lexie & Dan Graham, HOC # 1397, Site 195
Judy & Calvin Hicks, HOC # 1115, Site 161
Reta & Dick Hill, HOC # 1068, Site 162
Francine (Pinky) & Michael (Mickey) Irving, HOC 1806, Site 171
Kim & John Maguire, HOC # 1192
Colleen & Jim Marigliano, HOC # 1880, Site 167
Cindy & Don Massengill, HOC # 1468, Site 168
Betty & Don McGlynn, HOC # 1746, Site 151
Diane & Russell McIntyre, SOBs, Site 189

Leslie & Jim Pasch, HOC # 1285, Site 163
Mary Ann & John Proto, HOC # 1589, Site 194
Geri & Jim Reyes, HOC # 1690, Site 178

Fran & Glenn Schaaf, HOC # 1536, Site 193
Strub, Jean & Chuck, HOC # 1697, Site 197
Sue & Tom Thomison, Site 160
Marsha & John Turner, HOC # 1424, Site 155
Jodi & Mike Vanderford, HOC # 1945, Site 184

Dorothy & Eric van Opstal, HOC # 1202, Site 166
Ann & Mike Walker MD Chapter Leaders, HOC # 1230, Site 181

Don't miss the Crab Cook Off!! Crab eating participants will get to vote on their favorite Crab recipe. Will it be the NJ crabs prepared by Glen Schaaf and John Bylinski, VA crabs prepared by Eric van Opstal, or the MD crabs prepared by Calvin Hicks and Mike Walker. Cost to participants for this extravaganza between $15 - $20 per person. This will be a don't miss event!

Non Club Member Event fee: $20.00 per rig.
Each site has full hook up

Be sure to specify that you are booking for the Heartland MD Chapter Rally. Same rate for early arrival or late departure.

Maryland is excited to announce that it has chosen the Worcester County Humane Society,
12330 Eagles Nest Rd., Berlin, MD 21811, as its charitable organization for its 2011 rally. Please refer to post 140 for further information and a list of items the shelter uses.​

Attachments

• Castaways Agenda.pdf
    102.4 KB · Views: 48
  • MD Rally Shirts and Crabs.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 14
  • castaways.jpg
    castaways.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

hillsonwheels

Re: Maryland Rally

If you folks find a nice one we'll try our darndest to be there. It's worth the price of admission watching the dogs walk Ann!!!!!! :D We also want to get in line for some more of that marinated beef. ;) I'll even buy the cool ones???

Dick and Reta

bill40

Hello everyone, We are going to the eastern shore to look at campgrounds for possible rally sites for next year. We will be staying at Ft. Whaley July 30 and 31. We are also going to look at a couple of other campgrounds while we in the area. We'll keep you posted.

Hi Mike &Ann,
We usually stay at Ft Whaley when we visit our friends on the shore. We try to get sites 17 ( nice shade), 1 or 26. There are some nice CG in the area. Good luck hunting and we would like to join in. Emily still refers to your guys as the big brown puppies. Take Care. Bill

PSF513

You keep this up and Deb & I will be forced to attend. Fort Whaley is a nice place. That is the only one we have camped in there. However, Deb's parents live in Ocean Pines so, not an issue for us.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Mike it looks like you got the makin's of a pre-rally rally! Does that require a meeting? We'll see ya real soon.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

If you folks find a nice one we'll try our darndest to be there. It's worth the price of admission watching the dogs walk Ann!!!!!! :D We also want to get in line for some more of that marinated beef. ;) I'll even buy the cool ones???

Dick and Reta
Glad I can provide some entertainment. I've been working on some new moves. I'll see if I can't have them worked out by Mayberry! And maybe "Jake" (the snake) will even make an appearance if we can coax him from his new home in our shed.

Deb--No meeting required, just come on! All y'all welcome.

mjatwalker

Hi Mike &Ann,
We usually stay at Ft Whaley when we visit our friends on the shore. We try to get sites 17 ( nice shade), 1 or 26. There are some nice CG in the area. Good luck hunting and we would like to join in. Emily still refers to your guys as the big brown puppies. Take Care. Bill
Thanks for the info. We're going to be on site A-15. We look forward to you guys joining us at our rally and maybe by then Emily will want to pet them.

Hello from MjDobJohnD,(Mary Jo And John). We were members of the VA chapter so I assume we have been transferred to the MD chapter. We will also be staying in OC at the same time - July 30 - Aug. 1,2010 at the Castaways RV Resort & Campground www.castawayrvoc.com It's relatively new and never stayed there yet. Give me contact info and I can report my impressions.
Hope to meet soon, John

cjhicks

Hey Guy's , Ft. Whaley is only a 45 drive from our house, we will be in touch and drive up to see you or if you would like to go out on a boat ride you can come by here.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Can people from SC come?
We just have to be back in NC by August 2nd or 7th-ok not really sure but I know I have to be in NC at somepoint.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Dick and Reta

If Dick's buying we'll be there!!!

Saildogs

Island Resort just south of Berlin, MD, is very nice and many sites back up to the lake. We stayed there last year over Halloween, the last weekend for the campground, and really enjoyed it. The sites were level and the bathhouses were very clean.

mjatwalker

Can people from SC come?
We just have to be back in NC by August 2nd or 7th-ok not really sure but I know I have to be in NC at somepoint.

Everyone is welcome, I don't know if sites are open but you sure can call 410 641-9785

Maybe we can have a mini rally. Hey Calvin how many will fit on your boat?

cjhicks

Everyone is welcome, I don't know if sites are open but you sure can call 410 641-9785

Maybe we can have a mini rally. Hey Calvin how many will fit on your boat?
Mike, 6 max, boat is 18' center console, we also have 2 Kayaks

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Island Resort just south of Berlin, MD, is very nice and many sites back up to the lake. We stayed there last year over Halloween, the last weekend for the campground, and really enjoyed it. The sites were level and the bathhouses were very clean.

We have been at Island Resort for an overnight stay and it is a great location with a great layout. We did look for the necessities for a rally and they do not have a pavillion or club room. It would be an excellant fair weather rally destination but if it rains............

TXBobcat

Fulltime

We are heading up north to Maine and will work our way down through the east to see the leaves change. We have been looking for places to stay and these are helpfull. We want to go around DC, NY, Ellis Island, and a number of Historical places..

I looked up Island Resorts. Their website says no pets. DW would get rid of me before the Fir Kid.
http://www.islandresort.org/ bottom of page on Rates Tab.

Fort Whaley Campground has rates June 12 - Sept 6
Primitive $40
Water & Electric $56
Water, Electric & Sewer $66

Sounds nice but a bit above my price range. Who knows if we are in the area we might find a place near by and say HI...

BC

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Bob...the website says "No pets allowed with visitors"...they are referring to visitors to YOUR site. If you look in their "Policies" section, pets are allowed with the usual restrictions, leashing and picking up after them....

RollingHome

Bob, What time of the year will you be in this area ? I ask because I may have a better place for then Fort Whaley. Fort Whaley ain't bad but if you could stay in a better place for less, bet you would. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.