bounce fabric softener sheets

mcarso1

read on a diesel forum about using a wet bounce fabric softener sheet to clean bug guts and crap from the truck. I tried it and it works awesome on the truck. Was wondering if anyone tried it on the camper, especially the front cap.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Been using them for years on the front cap...works wonderfully!!! Easiest way to remove them...requires little effort.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ditto on the Fabric softener sheets for bugs. I was a non believer until TXBobcat convinced me to try it. I was amazed to say the least.

goodtruck

Another idea that is so simple that it is often overlooked.I like all the great info on this forum. Would like to know how someone came up with it in the first place.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I put a sheet of Bounce in a spray bottle filled with plan water. Then spray it on the front cap and the bugs come off with little effort. The Bounce does have a tendency to take off the wax though.

mesteve

I have read that it should be a used sheet, but admittedly have not tried either way myself. Also, I was just told that spraying some liquid penetrator (WD40) does the same thing. The guy in the spot next to me did it when he got here and they came right off with no scrubbing. I can't tell that there were any ill effects either.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I heard about it on the Escapees Forum a few years ago. I always use new sheets right out of the box. When you are using them on an area be sure to rinse the area often so it will not dry on the trailer. Bounce will also take off road tar. It may take a little bit more rubbing but it will do it. I have never had bounce take off the wax but I would not swear about that. Never heard about putting one in a spray bottle. Will have to check that out.

As to who came up with the idea, man I don't know, but you would be suprised what people try and come up with out and about.

From what I have heard I am not sure it would be good to use WD-40 on the cap of your trailer. It has petrolum in it and may very well damage the surface of the trailer. Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in on this...

BC

mesteve

From what I have heard I am not sure it would be good to use WD-40 on the cap of your trailer. It has petrolum in it and may very well damage the surface of the trailer. Maybe someone from Heartland will chime in on this...

True, He may have a fiberglass fornt end, not the plastic we do. Fiberglass 'should' be impervious to the petrol-based stuff. To be totally honest, I kinda forgot it was a plastic front cap.