Piezo Stove lighter

alkyspeed

I have looked all over the internet trying to find the unit you bought but can't find one. I contacted the Co you got yours from and they don't have it in their mail order and don't mail out from their stores.

Could you find the item number, model, etc. so I can pinch down the search. I want to use it on the oven and the two top burners. Thanks

Pug- Here's a picture of the back of the grand Gourmet package. Customer service is 1-800-694-0013 Hope this helps. Ignitor2.jpg

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
When I showed my wife this post she wanted me to order the parts ASAP, has anyone found a source to get the right ignitor. I'm ready to order several for our 5th wheel, our travel trailer and a couple for the in-law's rigs. Lighting the oven has to be one of the most annoying things about RVing.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Spotted some on ebay last night and snapped em up. Wife and Mother-in-law can't wait until they arrive and I put them in. Hope they work as advertised.

cashb

Randy, let us know how it goes! We are interested in this mod too, as I'm sure many rvers will be!

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Will do, they arrived today but I can't get around to installing them until early nex week. I have some additional ideas on the installation, it they work out I'll post along with photos.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
OK, finished the project today; but it didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped. The spark generator was simply too big to fit the front panel of the Magic Chief range in our BH. The gas manifold in the Magic Chief runs directly behind the front panel and was in the way; the only way to mount it on the front panel would have raised the front of the front of the range top more than 1/2 inch making an unlevel cooking surface. After scratching my head for a while I modified the spark generator to operate with a momentary switch I purchased at Ace Hardware. The spark generator is now hidden under the range top (in the back corner) with the remote switch activating it. It was quite the trick modifying the spark generator but it now works very well. Since the kit with apply spark to up to three ignitors I have the one switch operating both the oven and range top. I'll post some pics in the next couple of days.

PUG

Pug
Jim, I found a grand gourmet on ebay and have installed it. It comes wiith three ignitors. I used the longer on the oven and had to carefully bend it ard to get it in the rright place. I'm not going to use it for the topside. I had to remove screws in top of stove to pull it out to pull stove out a few inches to fish wire from top to bottom. Pullled shelves out of oven to be able to mt ignitor tip. Mounting ignitor module was tougher. Drilled 3/4hole fine but was still holding stovetop up 1/4". Used plastic hammer and body tool to bend stovetop up to fit. Porcelain broke up some. Got porcelain (black) repair kit from home depot and it actually turned out good. Works good, wifehappy. Thanks for the idea.

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
Ok, finally got around to taking some pics of the finished product. The pic quality is not very good due to the lighting and the wife was using the oven during the time so I had to make it snappy. I've made a couple of changes to the original install, I made a pseudo battery out of wood and made make-shift connections at each end with screws; this fits into the ignitor assembly which I mounted in a 3/4 in hole I drilled in the back of the range. You could simply leave the ignitor assembly lying under the range top but this looks much neater to me and there was plenty of room at the back of the range. The wire leads from the pseudo battery in the ignitor assembly are routed along the side of the range; one lead runs to a single AA battery holder with the other wire from the battery holder to one side of the momentary switch (normally off) which I mounted in place of the original ignitor knob. The other lead from the pseudo batter from the ignitor assembly is routed up to the other side of the momnetary switch. When the momentary swithch is pressed power is supplied to the ignitor assembly which operates ignitors both at the oven pilot light as well as the range burners. This took a little extra time and rigging, but now it works great and when the battery gets weak just pop the range top and insert a new battery. 1st pic, ignitor assembly with psuedo battery; 2nd pic, ignitor assembly installed at back of range top; 3rd pic, battery holder/wiring; 4th pic momentary switch on front panel.

IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0018.jpg IMG_0014.jpg