Hooking Jensen Stereo/DVD to Television

Stinger381

I have the standard Jensen TV with my Heartland. I think it might be a 32" flatscreen. I also have the Standard Jensen DVD player with the three speaker outputs to the exterior, bedroom, & Living Room. I have two questions ... first, the speakers outside appear to be defective. They have a bad rattle and sound as if they are busted. Where can I get those swapped out if I live in Alabama. I've never seen Jensen products at my local RV parts houses and I would like to fix that problem speaker. The camper is brand new and it would be nice to enjoy the outside stereo

Second, the TV isn't hook up to play the audio through the stereo speakers. How difficult is it to remove the DVD player from the wall so I can hook up a RCA cable to the AUX input and run it to the TV's RCA output? Should that have been hooked up by the dealer or factory ?

Duramax1

On my Sundance there was no need to remove the Jensen unit to hook up a cable to the television as the trailer came equiped with a receptacle on the outside wall of the Jensen compartment which enables the user to plug in the two TV audio cables.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

You or your dealer may contact us for warranty assistance with replacing the speakers. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

The most likely reasons for not hearing the TV sound through the stereo are: the stereo is not in AUX mode, the AUDIO OUT on the TV is not connected to the AUX IN on the stereo, or the TV speakers are not turned OFF in the AUDIO MENU of the TV.

Check these recommendations and see if this corrects. Please let us know if any further assistance is required.

Stinger381

Ok I got the Sound running from the TV through the stereo now .... I didn't even see in my Sundance that there was an AUX input mounted high in the cabinet next to the Antenna Booster. Took the TV off the wall and added an RCA cable to the Audio Output and ran in to the new found AUX input and all is well ...... Now I'll call about the speakers in the outside wall. Thanks !

mesteve

What did you have to do to get teh TV off the wall? I have been looking at doing some rewiring but havent been so inclined as to figure out how to remove the TV.

Stinger381

Mine came with a long allen head wrench in my owner's materials and I had to unscrew the allen head bolt from each side of the TV bracket. It wasn't easy and it took a while to do it but I feel really safe pulling the RV with this bracket because it is definitely secured to the wall. The bolts are facing downward so you have to come up from under the bracket to use the allen wrench to loosen the bolts or screws.