Prepping for more mods

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Suffering as I am from poison something or other on my poor body, I spent the day in my garage/workshop making some cedar trim moulding strips to finish off the cedar paneling I installed in the BH closet, made another kitchen cabinet shelf insert, and three more 4x4 cribbing pads. I'll be needing the extra pads to support my bottle jack if I get around to installing the Parkland strips under my slides.

Actually, on the suffering part, the hot water spray and taking an Allegra-D (antihistimine) seem to help with the itch for most of the day. Still looks like I lost the race with the ugly stick. The photo doesn't capture all of it.

We'll be heading back to the campsite Sunday night for another two weeker (almost).

View attachment 9328

SilverRhino

John;.

Now I'm itching ......... all I did was look at your picture!! Wow...that looks painful.

Hope the rash heals quickly

Travel Safe!

RoadJunkie

Yup, I remember it well. But after looking at some of the pictures on the web that show severe poison ivy exposure, I felt lucky mine was less severe. Good luck with your healing.

JohnDar

Thanks. It's more ugly than painful, so long as I don't rub it with anything. Just shows you're never too old to learn something. Like don't weedwack in shorts if you don't know what it is you're wacking.

DXprowler

John you should consider going to the clinic or the Dr's and get some steroids! Best thing for Poison Ivy! You don't want that stuff spreading anymore! It got so bad with me one time that I was scratching the furniture waiting for the Dr in his examination room. An hour after I filled the prescription the itch was gone and the rash gone after a few days! What a relief!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
YIPES!!! - I feel for you. I can look at ivy and break out with it. Please head down to a clinic ASAP. Hope recovery comes quickly.
B--

JohnDar

Well, after reading the advice to see a Doc, I went to the after hours clinic last night. Got a shot of steroids and a scrip for some hydroxyzine pamoate pills. Also picked up some calamine when I got the pills this morning. Took one about an hour ago and now I'm starting to zone out. Feel pretty darn good, though. Maybe I should do what I did years ago in St. Maarten when my back went out (and stayed out until I got cut on 8 months later) and the local doc gave me valium pills. Washed them down with Grand Marnier and didn't feel a thing. Woo-hoo!

When we get up to the CG tomorrow, I'm going to look for another spot to move to. This one has some nice shade and that's probably where the crap was growing.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad life is getting better. Shady lot are great in hot weather but do come with hidden dangers. B--

cashb

Try a product called Tec Nu. It's a liquid that removes the oils that cause the rash, even after rash has appeared! I am a testement to this product working, as I get Mango poisoning, poison ivy, wild grape vine rash, brazillian pepper rash, etc. Just use as directed, this stuff works!! I too, used to go to the doctor for steroid shots, but not since finding this product. Worth it's weight in gold! Can be found just about anywhere, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, grocery stores or online.