Ceiling height in bedroom of Sundance 2800RL

guitarpicr

Hello all- I am new here and am looking at Sundance rv's. Does anyone know the ceiling height of the 2011 2800RL? This particular coach is on ebay. Also any pro's or cons to this coach to anyone that might own similar model. Thanks, Bill

jimtoo

Hi guitarpicr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in here soon and give you information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

guitarpicr

Thanks for the welcome Jim - I did find in the Sundance spec sheet that bedroom ceiling height is 6'2" but it says the slide height is 5'10 - I am 6'0" tall so don't know if this is a factor or not. How do you like the Bighorn, Jim?

jimtoo

Hey,,, we love our Big Horn. The ceiling height is what your interested in... You cannot walk in any of the slides. All the slides have the table, couch.. chairs.. or head of bed in them... so the height is not a problem there. The main part of the bedroom where you will be walking or moving around in should be high enough.

Jim M

D

Dave Willis

The bath deck area is just over 6'2" but in front of the bed slide is about 5'7". I'm 6' tall also and you just have to duck your head a little while you are up in the front by the wardrobe. Most people don't spend a lot of time up in that area though. This is where we get the "mid profile" term from. Sundance is not as big and heavy as the Big Horn and the Sundance can be towed with some 1/2 ton trucks and almost all of the 3/4 ton trucks.

Thanks,

Rrloren

I'm 6'4" and bump at times when I forget to keep my head down , but haven't found it to be that bad.

grizzlygiant

I am 6'2 and have no problems with headroom on the upper deck. We love our 2800 Sundance and have traveled 9 months out of the last 12.

Last edited:
I'm between 6' and 6'2" depending on which liquer store I'm at...

Anyways, I duck when I go to bed but using the bath, shower I have no problems. We love our Sundance, if we full timed the head room would be a larger issue, but for 1 week periods I can deal with ducking slightly. If the smoke detector wasn't in over the aisle between the bed and dresser it would be way better...LOL

Jeremy

mdavis

I'm 6'4'' and as long as I REMEMBER I'm fine. If I forget, the smoke detector is also a head detector in the 2010 3200re.

guitarpicr

Thanks for all the quick replies - We are going to look at the 2800 this weekend - Will post back with results -Hopefully we'll have a new 5er. This is a great site btw!! Thanks again, Bill