2011 Cyclone 3950....Black and Grey water tank valves

kinports

Hi Chris and Shannon,
We have a 3950 2010. My valves are from left to right, grey 2, grey 1, and then black. i beleive the door to the valves the labels backwards on my rig. hope this helps.

happy camping
shane and kim

shagan77

Interesting, I have the 2011 3950 HD version, my label says Grey1 Gr2y 2 Black (from left to right), but in experimenting it appears it is G1, B, G2. I figured this out by process of elimination (no pun intended). Waited until all 3 tanks were showing nearly full, pulled the left most valve, Waited until it stopped flowing, went inside and looked to see which indicator showed the new level. Repeated until I certain.

wiredawgchief

I have a 2013 Cyclone 3950 HD that has three unmaked valves in the front that has grey water tank 1 on access door and a single valve in the rear marked grey water tank 2 on it. Which does what?

Thanks, Ron

ZAZ

LOL.....I have the same problem of I do not know what which is which and is not labeled as well. I guess one day when I get a chance is fill up all 3 and pull one at a time and see which one is G1, G2 & B.

2TrakR

Rear-most one by itself is for the rear bathroom/sink.In the front, it's black at the front, then grey in the middle for kitchen and then grey for shower & bathroom sink. At least that's how mine are labeled and that's what seems to come out when I drain 'em.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I bought a clear fitting to use between the drain hose and the drain pipes on our '11 3850. That took the guesswork out of the picture very quickly
There are 2 handles in each compartment and from front to rear they are Black, Gray, Gray, Black.

BarneyFife

Our 370C is like a Titanium version of the 3950. Three valves in the front compartment are black, grey from the bathroom, and grey from the kitchen. The back compartment is for the black from the rear bathroom.

Lynn1130

The farthest rear valve is gray water. On the front two valves, look directly below them under the trailer and you will see two lines. The larger diameter line is the black water, on mine the rear most of the two, however the gray water has the larger handle on it so you can be fooled (as I was once) and open the wrong valve if not careful. Now, if by chance my memory is failing me as to which front valve is which, just look under the trailer for the largest diameter line :)

71stang99

Not that it was a surprise but my front two tanks were labeledwrong. Found out the hard way as theblack tank was closed (which was gray) and the gray was open (which was black)and the smell came into the trailer. I troubleshot by filling up the 'gray' tankand compared it to the flow out of the tanks when the T handle was pulled. Also have an issue with the studor valveunder the sink in the bathroom letting in horrendous smells. Had to put a plastic bag over it to preventthe noxious smells from entering the trailer while hooked up to a RV park sewer.

Lynn1130

Stang, I am not sure by your post if you had your black water tank valve open while hooked to the RV park sewer but if that is the case I would recommend keeping it closed until you decided to dump. Same with the grays.

PUG

Pug
buy a clear fitting to hook on the discharge between trl and hose. Open one at a time observing fluid. Dark brown is pretty obvious to be the Black tank. Drain the grey tanks and run water from inside into one at a time to see which one is which. Relabel.

Herbie

Please Heartland just give us the basic info, you are lacking in that dept. When I got my trailer I had figure out how the tanks were layed out.
Mine, front door left to right
black = front toilet
gray = shower - panel = gray 1
gray = kitchen - panel = gray 2
Rear door = rear bathroom, witch is a combo sink and toilet- black/gray.
I still have not figured out the fresh water drain.

71stang99

Black is always closed, the gray I thought was okay to leave open as the 'P' traps would prevent any issues. Also I thought it was written some where about being able to leave the gray tanks open but cannot find the source. Ive had them open for numerous weeks without issues on this trailer and a previous one that we were full timing in. Odd.

Stang, I am not sure by your post if you had your black water tank valve open while hooked to the RV park sewer but if that is the case I would recommend keeping it closed until you decided to dump. Same with the grays.

Lynn1130

You could be right but my take is: someone leaves the cap off of a dump when they pull out. Flying critters take up residency in the campground sewer system. You hook up and leave your gray gate open. There is no trap between the sewer system and your tank. Flying critters take up residency in your tank and use any solid waste to lay eggs. It takes some work to get the system cleaned out again. It only takes a few minutes to open the valves every three or four days and then close them up again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
MHO is leaving the galley gray tank open could cause a build up of food particles in the tank. We have found the gray tank will smell worse than the black tank at times. We prefer to let the gray tank fluid build up enough to flush out any debris that may be in it.