Decal removal

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
OK I give up. I know it is here somewhere on the Forum but I have searched and searched and can't find it. What is the name of the product you use to remove the decals on the outside of the RV. Not the little ones but the big long ones. I know you can use a heat gun, hair dryer, goo gone, and I have tried all of them. I have even tried Acetone, paint thinner, and even gasoline. I just cannot get the glue off. I am going broke buying stuff. Someone told me about a product you can get at truck stops, but I cannot remember the name. HELP please.

2010augusta

web search for "Vinyl Off" it is amazing stuff. got to 8 foot long graphics off the truck in about 15 minutes.

DMitch

Once the decals are off if you are having troulde getting glue off. Go to a parts store that sell supplies to auto body shops. They sell an attachment that goes on an electric drill that looks like a giant pencil eraser. Works like a champ, leaves no marks and does'nt harm gel coat finish.

2010augusta

I have used goo gone, goof off, wd-40- adhesive remover, bumper sticker remover, and others. NOTHING has worked even 10% as good as Vinyl Off. the stuff is simple amazing.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for all the suggestions. Like I said Goo Gone is a waste of money. I will try the Vinyl Off. That is the product I was trying to think of. Then the 'drill eraser' is next. Thank you again.