Water Pressure

mesteve

This in not really a troubleshooting or maintenance type question, more preventative maintenance.

The cheapo brass pressure regulators that Wal-Mart carries that I would assume most part timers/weekend warriors end up with reduce pressure by limiting the flow of water (or so I remember reading). That is fine for reducing dynamic pressure in the water lines. My question then, once all faucets are shut off, the pressure in the plumbing will rise back up to the park's water pressure as this is now static pressure on the system and the reduction in volume does not matter.

Is there some errant thinking in this or do these not provide any actual protection at all? I know a bit about pnuedraulics from my aircraft maintenance days, but probably just enough to be dangerous.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
There is more to the regulater than just a small hole to limit pressure. Even the inline regulator sences downstream pressures and shuts incomming flow. You may feel relieved by seeing the pressure via a gage like this one I have. I have the same flow rate inside the RV with or without the regulator. http://www.tomraper.com/parts/detail/881393.html