Forum slow to load

jnbhobe

Has anyone had a problem getting the forum to load?? For the last 3 or 4 days It had taken two or three minutes to load on any of my computers at home or work. After it loads it seems to run fine. Thanks Jon.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I wuz just thinkin about posting what you just said.
It iz slow.

Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Yep, ours too. Its the same no matter which computer of 3 we try to use......Kenny

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'll leave the light on! OK? I'm having the same trouble. I thought since I hadn't seen any comments that it might have been something on my end. Once I get in, it seems fine. It's just the initial load up that's slow. I'll send a question to Linuxkidd.

Is it only the Portal that is slow to load? When I am in the Forum, I click the What's New button one after the other and it loads fast. The Portal page does load slow for me though. Just trying to narrow this down more so we can look into this better.

Jim

jnbhobe

Is it only the Portal that is slow to load? When I am in the Forum, I click the What's New button one after the other and it loads fast. The Portal page does load slow for me though. Just trying to narrow this down more so we can look into this better.

Jim
Yes Jim it seems to be just the Portal page. After its loaded things seem to go pretty good

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Mine is slow to load, but once I'm in it goes well until I've gone to 8-10 posts, and it locks up. Sometimes, if I have a lot of patience, I can let it load, but most of the time, I just close the browser and log in all over. I thought it was my wifi until I started moving around and had the same problem at four different locations.

Thanks for all who have responded. We won't need any more "me too" responses. But I would welcome any additional information. For example, if it's only affecting the Portal page, let me know. If it only affects you once when you load your first forum post, let me know that. If it affects moving from post to post, very consistently, let me know that. If you are experience a slow down in some other manner, please give me details.

My sense is this is an issue with our web host after they moved us to a new (worse) server. Good news is that one day this year, we will be on our own server with the web host that hosts the heartlandrvs.com domain. this will give us more flexibility and we expect to see some speed enhancement.

Thanks everyone who have weighed in thus far.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
JB,

It just seems slow the first time I go to the Forum page. After that, if I get off and come back, it responds quicker. Moving about the site does not appear to be a problem. Opening photo's in posts sometimes lags, too.

jb