Broken Jack Pad - Lippert Level Up System

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
When I was preparing to leave for our next destination this morning, I noticed that the landing pad on one of the side jacks was missing.
<O:p</O:p
This is the front side jack on the door side. After taking a closer look, it appears that the pad had broken off and that it is a fixed part of the actual cylinder inside the jack. It is not flexible the way the front landing jacks are.

I have a 2009 Bighorn 3055 and I recall when I got the system installed last August that Bob Tiedge mentioned they had to install that one at an angle because the frame at that location was angled out (see pictures).
I’m guessing that the pad broke off because it was not sitting straight on the ground. I would also guess that the whole jack will need to be replaced. I have a concern in doing so and leaving the angle the way it is because I would expect the pad to break off again.
<O:p
My system is still under warranty at this time. I will discuss with the Lippert Customer Service Centre tomorrow. Before I do, can anyone tell me if my assessment is right? Would it not be possible to use a spacer on the top bolt location to straighten out the jack? Would this weaken the jack tie to the frame?

Bob

Attachments

• Level up jack connection 085.JPG
    Level up jack connection 085.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Level up jack connection 086.JPG
    Level up jack connection 086.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Level up jack connection 087.JPG
    Level up jack connection 087.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Level up jack connection 089.JPG
    Level up jack connection 089.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 92

PSF513

BOB: As we picked our BH up from the dealer after getting the new brain, we discovered that one of our front landing gear pads was damaged. It is supposed to be bolted through the bottom of the cylinder and secured with a locking nut on the inside. Our dealer tried to order a replacement pad with bolt and nuts but Lippert said NO. They sent an entire new front leg. Unfortunately, it was too long so it still sits at the dealer's lot awaiting the next Lippert shipment (hopefully Thurs or Fri).

Willym

My jack pads appear to be bolted on. I found that some became loose during my first trip with my Rushmore. Is the bolt still there for your jack with the missing pad?

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
On my trailer the front two leg pads are bolted and move. The back four leg pads are fixed. Just by definition LEVEL UP it would more sense to have all pads move as if you were on level ground you would not need level up. I have been on lots where there is large difference in side to side level.
Regards
Wayne

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
I took a closer look at the jack pads today. They are actually screwed into the cylinder. I checked the other three jacks and two of them were loose and one was well secured. I tightened the loose ones and I will contact Lippert to get a replacement pad.

Bob