Recommendation for Placement of Battery Disconnect on 3200 FK Travel Trailer??

Rrloren

Re: Recommendation for Placement of Battery Disconnect on 3200 FK?

I put mine on top of the Battery box. I think I remember reading somewhere that the preferred line to use is the positive side so that when turned off if somehow a wire goes to ground the battery wouldn't be "live". Either side will work.

I put mine on top of the Battery box. I think I remember reading somewhere that the preferred line to use is the positive side so that when turned off if somehow a wire goes to ground the battery wouldn't be "live". Either side will work.

Is your battery box cover locked down in some manner, or do you just use the webbed strap? I'm looking to lock mine down in some manner since I store the TT away from the house. It seems too easy for a theft of convenience.

jimtoo

I installed mine in the battery compartment. Tractor Supply Co also has some good disconnect switches also. And I installed mine on the positive side since it is a sealed switch.

I did move this thread to the Sundance Electrical area since it is not a factory item.

Jim M

I installed mine in the battery compartment. Tractor Supply Co also has some good disconnect switches also. And I installed mine on the positive side since it is a sealed switch.

I did move this thread to the Sundance Electrical area since it is not a factory item.

Jim M

Sorry, but I posted to the "Ask the Factory" sub-forum to get an opinion from someone familiar with the 3200 FK. It appears the responses so far have been from 5ers which aren't relevant to my TT setup. My battery box is on the A-frame behind the propane. I'm looking for specific advice on where on the A-frame, if that is the appropriate location, to install the disconnect. I already have the disconnect switch I referenced. Thanks.

frumbawa

Mine is installed on the wall just above the battery box. Positive side.

Frank

ON EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your previous post. We must have been typing at the same time. We are all seeing your post under Sundance Electrical, hence the responses.

jimtoo

Sorry, I'm like all the others, did not recognize model # as Travel Trailer. I added Travel Trailer to original post so that everyone else will see it is a TT and not a 5er.

Jim M

D

Dave Willis

We don't use the Battery Disconnect on the Sundance product so I'm not sure where you would put it. I would get with your local dealer or service center and see what they recommend.

Thanks,

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When securing the battery box to the A frame do not put a bolt through the bottom of the battery box as when the bottom of the battery rubs against the top of the bolt it will rub a hole in the bottom of the battery. You could epoxy the battery box to the A frame though.