EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Cherokee - 4/29/2011 to 5/1/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I just wanted to add a huge thanks to Everyone for creating the Worse groaning buffet table in our rally days thus far!! There was So much good food, an embarrassment of bountiful riches. Thanks Dave for the catered breakfasts and dinner c/o Heartland. enjoyed the band, too.
Don, those fries at our informal, after the rally, dinner... mmmm. They took me back to the boardwalk fries we would buy at the beach!!
Thanks to all for the memories.
Dorothy

hillsonwheels

Just when you think they can get no "gooder"..........they do! And, wasn't the band GREAT! Our thanks to all as well. See all of you down the road. Safe trippin'

Dick

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Dave and Friends;
We just got back home last night about 8 pm. We had planned to stop to see family in NC on way home. When we left "No signal from Nextellville" we were inundated with messages from family in NC. Bonnies Mom had fallen and fractured her hip. (She will be fine in about 2 months) So she spent a couple of days with her Mom while I took her dad gold prospecting. Eureka there is gold in those NC creeks. Now I wont say I made gas money home, but did see color in the pan.

Dave what a good job and thanks to you, Julie, Jim, Nancy, Heartland, and others, we had a great time. Did anyone mention 42 deg mornings, hearing heaters come on about daylight, or setting off smoke alarm from the hot shower. And the food; wow now I have to join Jims diet. It was really fun, especially romantic strolls by the river at dusk, campfires till midnight, and really good friends. Bo Taylor was really intertaining and his talk educational. Just remember no "WO WO WO WO WO" as you pass through Cherokee. Remember he is armed:)

Thanks to Dorothy for the snacks. We made good use of them on way home. You guys deserve your title. President Eric; when I get it up to 10+ mpg it may be for sale. Just saying! Still working on that. Thanks Dick and Reta thanks for keeping us laughing. We had great trip home from NC. Just kept on trucking. Bonnie rocked out with Lynard Skynard, Eagles, hit the Country with Trace Adkins, did a little George Thoroughgood, (BAD TO THE BONE) and finsihed out the Florida leg with Jimmy Buffett. Larry and Sam, it was good seeing you again. It just went by too quickly. See ya'll in Goshen!

davebennington

Mickey,

Good to hear that you made back home OK, I know the cell service at Cherokee was bad if it had been better maybe Bonnie would havd heard about her mom sooner. Will she be OK going forward?

Did you say the "BIG" truck only got less then 10 MPG going home, you may have to make some more mods to it, especially with fuel at 4 or 5 dollars per gallon.

Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
It was good seeing all our friends again.

For those following this thread but do not know Mickey and Bonnie, here is a picture of their "big" truck that Mickey built and Dave is talking about.
002.jpgHope you don't mind me posting this Mickey

Last edited:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Dave;
Cell service was our fault, I probably need a little verizon to cover those areas. Her Mom will be OK, and it was more scare than problem. She was in a lot of pain.
Yes I'm working on getting better than 10 right now. That was first long trip for Big Tote (still working on a name). But he sure performed well in all other respects.
Dave you did good on the ECR!

Hudson

Not home yet

We're still camping (in NC). We left Cherokee on Monday and have been here in central NC ever since ... staying here until we leave for the Williamsburg Rally on Thursday.

But I did manage finally to drag out the netbook today and get onto the Internet just to catch up on email and other such stuff.

Tracy, Emma, and I want to thank everyone for such a great rally at Cherokee. We had a wonderful time, the meals were great, the fire chats were relaxing, and it was a wonderful way to kick off our rally season this year. We're looking forward to see many of y'all again at Williamsburg!

davebennington

Hank,

If you go the the forum,
then click on tools,
select HOG (Heartland Owners Gallery),
select the "Plus" in front OF rallies and then
select the "plus" in front of 2011
select the Eastern Region rally and you should see the pictures.

Let me know if you are not successful and I will call you to help.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.