Level Up System

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I think an installed or take with level up being offered for those of us with electric systems would be a great addition at the rally. A good discount would make it even better. Another Job for Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have talked about it, but never received a quote. I figure since we do not have hydraulics, it would be much more expensive than the all electric leveling systems, such as Mobile Outfitter's Ground Control.

Since I started this thread, let me say that I ended up going with the Reico-Titan Ground Control system. VERY happy with it. I was able to install it myself in two days (I work slow) and have not had any problems with it. Unlike the myriad of threads about the hydraulic alternatives. I don't have to jockey slides to get the jacks to work, it doesn't go bump in the dead of night, and if all else fails, it still has a manual capability. That it is not automatic does not matter to me since I prefer to be more hands-on with the rig. And I saved some serious coin, too.

jbeletti

I think an installed or take with level up being offered for those of us with electric systems would be a great addition at the rally. A good discount would make it even better. Another Job for Jim

Hi Gerry - I'm sure Sonny from Mobile Outfitters will be at the rally with all kinds of Lippert/Trailair goodies. He always has those electronic levels that can be attached to the corners of the coach.

fishnwich

Well, got my quote to install the entire unit today. Hold on to your hat $6300.00 plus taxes. This is a real mind blower. It would be worth it to drive back East to have unit installed on 5th wheel at one of the meetings. Anyone get a lower price on the West coast let me know.

rgwilliams69

We were really back and forth on this when deciding on options for our Cyclone 4100. Ended up not getting it due to the numerous failure stories we read on many different forums (across all brands). I would really like to have it though when they get the kinks worked out and would have to go for the after-market install by Lippert. Since we already have the hydraulic front jacks I think ours would be less than the number stated here, right? Another concern I had is that during the week I click the battery disconnect on the Cyclone to keep from running the batteries down. I think I read that doing this will cause the level up computer to reset or something similar?

Anyway we will be watching to see when the bugs get worked out and hopefully the price will be lower by then. Planning on going to the rally and maybe there will be a deal on again this year? Hope so!

danemayer

I click the battery disconnect on the Cyclone to keep from running the batteries down. I think I read that doing this will cause the level up computer to reset or something similar?
Our 2011 Landmark has the 4 point auto-leveling system with the 1st generation control unit. There's a "feature" that requires you to cut power (battery cutoff and shore power) before using the Auto Level button a 2nd time. I assume this is to prevent accidently starting a 2nd auto-level cycle. It is a little inconvenient because when you get to your second travel stop, the Auto Level won't work unless you operate the battery cutoff switch, before plugging into shore power.

In summer of 2011, the 2nd generation control unit came out removing this "feature."

bdb2047

Our 2011 Landmark has the 4 point auto-leveling system with the 1st generation control unit. There's a "feature" that requires you to cut power (battery cutoff and shore power) before using the Auto Level button a 2nd time. I assume this is to prevent accidently starting a 2nd auto-level cycle. It is a little inconvenient because when you get to your second travel stop, the Auto Level won't work unless you operate the battery cutoff switch, before plugging into shore power.

In summer of 2011, the 2nd generation control unit came out removing this "feature."

My system is the same.I cut 12v feed wire to control unit and put a switch for it next to control panel.With the switch I can turn off unit and reset it without turning anything else off.

DuaneG

I got the same $6300 quote for the 6 point level up system. They quoted 20 hours of labor and usually that's around $120 or more an hour. Is this normal? I guess they are also marking the price up to make even more profit.

Someone help me with finding a cheaper westcoast installer.

Sent from my cell phone. Please forgive typos and spelling errors.

porthole

Retired
"Ron", the guy who does the install for Lippert in Indians takes about t6-7 hours to install a 6 jack system, in a toy hauler, with a generator in the way.

JohnDar

Lippert may still be hanging on to being the only Level-up installer, but I noticed that since they bought up Reico-Titan that CW is installing that system. But even they want a pretty penny for installing something most guys familiar with a wrench can do on their own.

fishnwich

I guess Lippert does not want the West coast to have the system at this price. ($6300.00). I see that if you have the system installed at the factory when you order a unit it is around ($2900). This is if the unit has hydraulic on already. I can see $3 to $4 grand but $6300.00 not going to be many takers out here. Maybe there needs to be someone starting up a new business on the West coast. Looking at the system it is not very hard to install if you have any mechanical ability and some electrical background.

JohnDar

I think I just seen a Camping World flyer for Rico-Titan leveling for around 4K.

Jon, I saw the ad, too. I believe it was $2999 for the system and another $1000 to install. But, as some have found, it's not that hard of a DIY project. I did mine, by myself, in the storage yard, using a borrowed generator to run my power drill.

travis_g

So where is Lippert? I have hydraulic landing gear now and it might be worth it to drive up there to get it installed. McClains RV in Denton was trying tell me I had to bring in the coach for them to measure and check to see if the frame had to be reinforced. He said labor alone was around $2600.

fishnwich

I'm having See Grins in Gilroy quote on system for TSRL 34 Elkridge. Will let you know what the price is when I get it. I also purchased the unit there last year. They have done warranty work and quick service and no questions asked. Im very satified with the work and people.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So where is Lippert? I have hydraulic landing gear now and it might be worth it to drive up there to get it installed. McClains RV in Denton was trying tell me I had to bring in the coach for them to measure and check to see if the frame had to be reinforced. He said labor alone was around $2600.

??? Why would the frame have to be reinforced? I would ask HL that, not take the dealers word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD