Seat Tech Sofa Bed

JJnLilly

Wondering if anyone has tried the Seat Tech Sofa Bed now being used in some units in place of the one made by Flair. We have the the Seat Tech (another Lippert company) in our Greystone and it is uncomfortable as heck! There seems to be little support for the air mattress over the drawer and that end of the bed is an inch lower than the other.

JJnLilly

See a lot of folks have looked at this so decided to add some pictures. Had the unit into the dealer for some other items and they are to work with Seat Tech. I needed to get the unit out for a trip to Myrtle Beach so the sofa will have to wait.

Here are pictures showing the sofa as a sofa and what it looks like with the mattress inflated and the support under the upper portion of the mattress. As you can see from the pictures, there is a nearly 2 inch height difference - foot to head - which makes for uncomfortable sleeping. Think I would have rather put up with the flair mattress problems than this situation.

Attachments

• 100_1021.JPG
    100_1021.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_1023.JPG
    100_1023.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_1012.JPG
    100_1012.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_1011.JPG
    100_1011.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_1017.JPG
    100_1017.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1018.JPG
    100_1018.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_1019.JPG
    100_1019.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 121

JJnLilly

Lots of looks but no comments so guess our sofa-bed is unique. As an up date, have not heard one word from Seat Tech nor my dealer about this. Guess Customer service is a new term for them.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Try Heartland customer service (warranty issues). I had a Jenson TV question and Cheryl conferenced in someone from Jenson customer service to resolve the problem, she stayed on the line and asked follow up questions I didn't think to ask. Have the last six of your vin ready.

JJnLilly

Per directions from Heartland submitted a warranty claim to Seat Tech with pictures. No response and it appears that Heartland is not concerned....beginning to be more than a little disappointed.

JJnLilly

Will see next week what the 'fix' is from Seating Technologies. Taking the Greystone back to the dealer to have a few other minor things taken care of and I've been told that the dealer has all that is needed to correct the problem. We shall see how it works out. Now wondering if we'd been better off with the Flair.

JJnLilly

Well we finally have the Greystone back and the sofa has been "fixed" according to Seating Technologies instructions. Guess they had to nearly rebuild the back of the sofa. It now appears that the mattress will lay flat and not be slanted, but to correct that problem, the back of the sofa has been raised. This now means that when you sit down on it, the back of the seat cushion is higher than the front. It only took four months. What a mess! Heartland should be ashamed of putting such a junkie piece of 'furniture' in one of their units. I would much rather have had to put up with the issues with the Flair sofa air mattress than have to live with this piece of ____ - you can fill in the blank.

JJnLilly

Would think that Heartland and Lippert would have a better solution to the sofa bed situation. I will be sending a formal document to both Heartland and Lippert warranty about the furniture they are putting out in units. When you pay out over $40,000 for a unit, you would expect decent furniture. Even the 'eruo style' chair cushion covers have to be re adjusted after several days of use - another Seating Technologies product and a company owned by Lippert. Get the point that I am not a happy camper??