Forum moved to new host - August-2010

jbeletti

Hey everyone,

In what we've been planning for the last 6 months, this past weekend, we moved the Forum and all Heartland Owners online assets over to a new web host. As many of you know, in the 6 years of the forum's existence, we have moved hosts many times. This can be traumatic. Fortunately for all of us, we've got Technical Moderator, Michael Kidd on our team. He makes these events go pretty easily with minimal down time.

While this move went well, we ran into operational issues last night that caused us to take the forum offline for about 45 minutes while we sorted it all out.

Long story short, we worked with our new host to double our CPU and memory allocations and that has seemed to work thus far. We also had some database corruption so we restored from an hour-old backup (we now do 4 per day). So we may have lost about 10 posts made last night.

We hope this will be our last host move as we are now hosted in Indiana by the same company that hosts the Heartland RVs factory site. So we'll be keeping a very close watch on the logs and loads to make sure that we have a very robust platform to serve you with. As the forum continues to grow, if adjustments need to be made - they will be made :)

Thanks and keep us informed via this System Announcements forum if you see anything wrong with the forum.

Jim
Admin

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey Jim, I've been away a couple days finishing up our move so this is the first time back since the new host. What I've noticed is what seems like a very long wait when replying to a thread. In other words, I make my reply and click "Post Quick Reply" and it takes what seems like a full minute or more until the screen changes and I can continue reading other posts. Your thoughts?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm seeing the same thing Ray...thought it was my internet connection...apparently not....

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Same thing as Ray and ken but the Portal page loads very quick now.

PS-now it seems to post a reply very quickly.