Scratches in new kitchen counter top

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The counter top material is a product called Hanex. Depending on how big or deep the scratches are, I use either rubbing compound, posishing compound and or a procuct called Gel Gloss.
Works for me.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a little info from the Hanex website:

Removing Persistent Stains

• To remove persistent stains, cigarette burns or scratches: Scrub the stained area with a mild abrasive cleanser using green Scotch Brite™ pad.
  • Deep scratches can be eliminated by carefully sanding down the damaged area with a 120 grit sandpaper, followed by a 220 grit, finishing with a 320 grit sandpaper. Finish by lightly rubbing the surface with a wet, green Scotch Brite™ pad in a circular motion to restore the finish. Note: different methods can be used depending on the finish.
For deep scratches and/or other damages which may require an expert repair, please contact your Authorized Hanex® Repair Agent or Certified Hanex® Fabricator
http://www.hanex-i.com/contents/hanex/company.asp

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The counter top material is a product called Hanex. Depending on how big or deep the scratches are, I use either rubbing compound, posishing compound and or a procuct called Gel Gloss.
Works for me.

Peace
Dave

Ya know... I have used Gel-Gloss for years. I even use it on the shower and it works great! However, I tried it on the Hanex last weekend and it actually dulled the surface and left a hazy, scratched look! I was UPSET!:mad:

Hope it works better for you!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ya know... I have used Gel-Gloss for years. I even use it on the shower and it works great! However, I tried it on the Hanex last weekend and it actually dulled the surface and left a hazy, scratched look! I was UPSET!:mad:

Hope it works better for you!

I have used GelGloss on the old rig with good results. I have not used it on the new rig yet. But I will try it out tonight. Maybe tbhe new Hanex haS changed. I will let you know the results.

Peace
Dave