EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, West Creek - 5/20/2011 to 5/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Okay! I finally got to speak with Melissa at Sea Pirate today. We are being charged different deposits because she is not permitted to over ride the computer registration process. Some of you were placed in back in sites which (under Jersey rules) cost less than pull thru sites. Hence, a lower deposit rate. Everyting will be corrected upon check in accordance to what site fee you paid at registration. I know it's complicated but...... It appears it will all work out in the end.

For those of you without site numbers you have now been assigned to pull thru sites as you requested. Please see post number one for your site assignment!

Wishing all y'all a Merry Christmas cause my ball says so!

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Jim & Harriet

in what is, I'm sure, a busy time for you, thanks for getting all of this figured out.
today at our house the high temperature is a few degrees below freezing and I
am already tired of winter!
really looking forward to spring days at the shore... :)

take care and happy holiday thoughts back atchya!
Harriet, Jim and Max

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks kids and be sure to put the winter coat on Max for the next few months. If the wind would stop it sure would be easier to tolerate the cold! C'mon Spring!

dieselsweetheart

Brrrr....baby it's cold outside....here's hoping the wind stays calm so we can get our outside lights up....don't need them blowin' down to the neighbors' house!!!

Merry Christmas everybody...and may visions of Heartland rallies dance in your head!!!

jnbhobe

Brrrr....baby it's cold outside....here's hoping the wind stays calm so we can get our outside lights up....don't need them blowin' down to the neighbors' house!!!

Merry Christmas everybody...and may visions of Heartland rallies dance in your head!!!

Cheryl; Patti has so many lights up that when the timers all come on the house does a full spin just to catch up with the electric meter. LOL Merry Xmas to all. PS. And we only got 2ft of snow this week so far.

dieselsweetheart

Jon, too funny. I can just imagine how she goes all out for the holiday! Must be like Christmas-town up at your place with all the snow. Well that's what you get for living on the lake. Don't see ME living there, do ya? Ha ha Have a wonderful holiday and tell Patti I said hello!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
New Jersey Rally T's are ready to be ordered. The shirts are $10.00 each and can be ordered by email to NJHeartlandOwners@hotmail.com

If this link doesn't work copy and past it into your email.

Attachments

• NJRally Shirt Front.bmp
    203.8 KB · Views: 28
  • NJ Rally Shirt.bmp
    203.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

hillsonwheels

John/Debbie

Greetings from sunny but cool (35degrees) FL.

Starting to think about routing for our camping year. When we leave here, we'll go to Cherokee. Then we're doing the Williamsburg rally.

I'm curious as to the route you would take to get to West Creek from Williamsburg. Would you run up I-95 or go down to the "chunnel" and come up the MD penninsula?

Trust ya'll had a good Christmas! Looking forward to camping in "Joisey".....

Dick

p.s. Tried to open that e-mail address to order Tees and got a message about account not being properly installed?

porthole

Retired
Tough one Dick. If you don't mind the tolls and ferry fee and some local roads as opposed to interstates and want a more relaxing ride the Bay Bridge tunnel up to the Lewes ferry.

Easy one or two day trip. If you are not in a hurry DE has two state parks not far from the ferry, one is only 5 minutes away.

Bay bridge toll is 18-30 depending on the axles and the ferry is about $80 with 2 passengers.
What you pay in ferry fees is almost a wash for fuel and tolls to go the long way around.

With the ferry you are best to make a reservation, and be on time. The ride across is about 90 minutes. roughly 2.5 hours figuring in your pre-load and off load time.

Personally I like the MD route and when making that trip I tend to do about 50/50 - half on 95 half the other way. On the bike it is always "the other way"

Jim & Harriet

driving from Roanoke, VA we will have to decide on the best route also.

we did enjoy the ferry ride last year. (and yes, do make a reservation.)
but this cg location is further north so we may try the "land" route.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hello sunny Florida! We usually go the tunnel route and up through Maryland. We don't like I-95 especially after helping a friend change a trailer tire on the driver's side. When we were finished with the tire all 4 of us had to change our shorts. As a personal preference we take the more scenic and laid back route. Not sure when you are planning on making the transition from one to another but we will be leaving Williamsburg on Monday, You are welcome to follow us home if you would like. West Creek is about 15 minutes away.

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb,
I rechecked our rally file and found the directions you sent to me for travel
from our home location near I-81. we will go that way. Right now we plan
to be there on Thursday and leave on Monday. Wish it was tomorrow...
stay warm,
H

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Harriet, how did you know that I was looking for the email I sent you. You've got the power! Glad you found it because I didn't.

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb, I try to save everything! My brain just has remember where I saved it! Here is
what you wrote an, unless you know a newer, better way - I guess it still applies...

I-81 North to 66 East to 495 toward Baltimore, cross the Key Bridge onto I-95 North. Cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge onto 295 North. Exit onto Route 70 East (Awful road with lots of lights) onto Route 72 East onto Route 9 South. 5.5 Miles and the Garmin's gonna say "you have reached your destination on the left". Welcome to NJ!

hillsonwheels

Thanx to all for the thoughts on routing.

Our home base in the summer months is near I-81 (Radford, VA) also. And, if we were gonna be there I'd probably run up the road per the e-mail. But, since we'll be in Williamsburg and have not done the tunnel and ferry I'm thinking we'll run up that way. Would be especially nice to have a "pathfinder"! :D Probably will come home the other way. We might stop over in the Annapolis, MD area. Have friends there.

Where do Mike and Ann Walker and Calvin and Judy Hicks live on the MD side? Are they close to the route up to the ferry?

Dick

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Hey Dick, We live on the eastern shore and Calvin and Judy on the west. We are going up on thursday and will do the 95 route. If you want we can meet up and cruise in together.

cjhicks

Dick,If you leave Williamsburg and take the Bay Bridge Tunnel you will be on Rt. 13 We live about 5 miles off of Rt. 13 in Princess Anne Md about 2 hours from the tunnel and you will be comming that way to get to the Ferry. We are planning on attending both Rallys but we will not be taking the Ferry. Also we will be heading down your way in two weeks hope that we can meet up with you sometime, Calvin
Thanx to all for the thoughts on routing.

Our home base in the summer months is near I-81 (Radford, VA) also. And, if we were gonna be there I'd probably run up the road per the e-mail. But, since we'll be in Williamsburg and have not done the tunnel and ferry I'm thinking we'll run up that way. Would be especially nice to have a "pathfinder"! :D Probably will come home the other way. We might stop over in the Annapolis, MD area. Have friends there.

Where do Mike and Ann Walker and Calvin and Judy Hicks live on the MD side? Are they close to the route up to the ferry?

Dick

cjhicks

Hey, I think someone is a little confused:confused: we live on the Eastern Shore and Mike & Ann you guys are on the West side of the Chesapeake Bay
Hey Dick, We live on the eastern shore and Calvin and Judy on the west. We are going up on thursday and will do the 95 route. If you want we can meet up and cruise in together.

Status
Not open for further replies.