Bailey's Boo boo.

mikeyy53

While returned from the Michigan rally in Ludington. One of the orange barrels jumped out and hit Bailey(M21). At first I thought a simple rub out would work. That is until we stopped at a rest area and saw the rear of Bailey. She is now at the trailer hospital awaitng an estimate. I'm concerned about matching the full body paint and striping, but the dealer said they can match it. Attached are the pictures.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 001-1.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 139

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer Mike. That's to bad, your rig looks so good. Well used to. Just like deer, you never know when an orange barrel is going to jump out at you.
Did you get to keep the barrel? I think they are in season now.
I am sure they will do a good job repairing it. Others here have had work done and turned out good..

Peace
Dave

2010augusta

Hope good insurance was in-place, had a incident with a concrete pole at a gas station and it cost the insurance company $12,600, glad we only had to pay the $500 deductible.

Don't worry too much about matching the paint and stripes, repair shop can get the vinyl and paint codes from Heartland

here is a before and after of our damage. look as good as new.

Attachments

• DSCN7952 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN7952 [640x480].JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN9674 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN9674 [640x480].JPG
    65 KB · Views: 110

mikeyy53

Didn't get to keep the barrel. But it and tha rubber tire went airborne and bounced off the middle wall. I should've kept it and tied it across the hood of the TV. That would've been a statement!

mikeyy53

Ouch! According to the insurance our deductible will only be $350.00 because each year we don't have a claim the deductible reduces.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You should be ashamed of yourself! You killed a Michigan State Flower...the Orange Barrel Blossom.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
Too bad the orange barrel won. I would have hoped th.at your coach could have done more damage to the barrel. I hope the repairs will make your coach look like new again.

RoadJunkie

Not too bad, that should buff right out! I worry about those barrels and it seems they don't consider the width of RVs when they lay the out. I just hold my breath and hope I don't hit one. Good luck with the repair.

mikeyy53

Just received a call from the dealer on the repairs...about $4100.00 most of that is for painting. We're pickjing it up as we have a campout to got to in Missouri, they should have the parts in by the time we get back.

As far as killing the Michigan State flower, maybe he'll tell his cousins to stay out of the way of RV's.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just received a call from the dealer on the repairs...about $4100.00 most of that is for painting. We're pickjing it up as we have a campout to got to in Missouri, they should have the parts in by the time we get back.

As far as killing the Michigan State flower, maybe he'll tell his cousins to stay out of the way of RV's.

They're a vindictive lot. You'll wake up one morning with them circled ten deep around your rig, with Detour and Reduced Speed Zone signs in the middle of them.

jbeletti

Ouch Mike - that's a spendy repair bill. Good going not letting them hold it hostage during camping season - what little of it is left where we live :)