One More Reason to Love the Wife

frumbawa

I've had my eye on a real nice, low mileage 08 F450 at a dealer in Orange County, CA for a number of months now. Seen the internet price drop a few times over the months as well as had several conversations with the internet sales guys about it. Just before the labor day weekend, the price dropped again and I figured with all the Labor Day sales going on, this might be my time to swing a deal so off the wife and I go. Long story short, even with cash offer, the dealer would not budge on the price. So a little bummed, but more ticked that I drove all that way for nothing, I was ready to walk away with out the truck. BUT ...

As the DW and I were about to leave, the wife says you know, the new trucks are only a few thousand more than the 08. Why don't you look at the new trucks. Huh, what, you talking to me?? I couldn't believe my wife said that. I still can't. So, 3 1/2 hours later and my wife negotiating with the best of us, say hello to the new member of the family.

2011 Ford F450 Super Crew Lariat w/ all the bells and whistles. I love my wife!! And the truck ain't bad either.

Attachments

• TheTruck.jpg
    TheTruck.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 114

RoadJunkie

So...was that your plan all along, or her plan all along? Either way, great looking truck! Looks like the rear fenders got a new '11 treatment?

jbeletti

WOW! Great story. I need to start looking at Freightliner M2 Sportchassis trucks with big ol' sad puppy dog eyes :)

Congratulations on the new truck. If you ever move on from your coach, you'll be in great shape to pull nearly anything we make.

Happy camping and now, even more comfortable motoring.

Jim

jimtoo

Nice truck!

How about getting your wife to put on a seminar? I'd love for my wife to attend......

I think this would be a great seminar for the next Heartland Owners National Rally. I bet every man would pay an admission fee for his wife to attend. And to add,,, think if you got the truck dealers to sponsor this.... they would just jump on this...

Jim M

truknutt

Committed Member
I pulled the old coach upgrade and "DW the truck now can't tow it (legally). We need a new rig with increased towing capacity." scam. I got away with it once and don't anticipate that ploy working again!! Beautiful truck. Wow those rear fenders look like they came off an old (cough) Dodge. Just look in your rearview from time to time to remind yourself that Sundance is back there!! Enjoy.