RF Wireless Remote Control system (secondary) now included on late 2011 Big Country

jbeletti

Hey Big Country owners and those who are considering Big Country,

On July 16 of this year, the
Big Country line began adding an ALL-NEW feature to Big Country models produced thereafter. That feature is, a Remote Control system for controlling many features (slide rooms, stabilizers and more) of the Big Country - all via RF Wireless Remote Control!

That's right, in "addition to" the standard controls for these systems, with this RF Wireless "secondary" remote control system, you can also control those same systems from inside or outside of your coach at the touch of a button or two on the hand-held remote control.

If your
Big Country is equipped with this system, for your reference, attached, please find a PDF file for Instructions on Operation and Programming of the Remote Control System. We have also posted this on the Heartland Owners Manuals site.

For those of you who are contemplating an upgrade to
Big Country, this is proving to be a popular feature. One perhaps that is just what you needed to make that final decision in favor of Big Country. I have attached a feature sheet here for your review and here's a link to a video of the system in operation.

If you have additional questions about this exciting new feature for Big Country, please see a Heartland dealer near you. Bryan Walczak, the
Big Country Brand Manager and his team will also do their best to answer your online questions within this thread.

Jim Beletti

Note: This system is not offered as a retro-fit for units built prior to the changeover. Sorry.

B

bwwalczak

Thanks for the introduction Jim! This is another great reason to own a new Big Country. This new feature is exclusive to Big Country. Thank you for all your input - Big Country is building what RVers want.

B

bwwalczak

Sure on towing. The Big Country lineup starts at 9,980 lbs (dry weight).

The Big Country is truly a feature packed vehicle.

GOTTOYS

Is there anyway to tell from the VIN number when the unit was built so I could tell if it has this feature? We were just looking at a new 3250 today but the dealer didn't mention it.

rickd

Our new 2011 3250TS has this remote feature and it's great. I especially like it for hitching up. When I back my truck up to the kingpin, all I have to do is look out the back window and I can raise or lower the pin to exactly the right height for hitching without ever leaving the truck.

jbeletti

Rick,

Thank you for sharing your experience with this new system. I have an air suspension on my truck and can lower my truck from the cab if the trailer is sitting too low to hitch but when the trailer is too high, I have to get out of the truck to adjust the front landing gear. I look forward to my new coach in January that should have this new system on it. Suppose I will keep the remote on my RV key ring.

Have you used it to run the awning in and out?

Jim

rickd

Jim,

Yes, I've used it for the awning and it works great. I use the remote for pretty much everything as it provides great vision when lowering the landing gear and extending the slides.

Aristakat

just bought our 2011 3550tsl but was never told about this option, How do I get a remote ? Where do we find remote ?

JIM-GERI

Jim, My question can we add the Wireless Remote Control system? When i called my dealer they werent sure,Can you help me find out. Thanks Jim Reyes

B

bwwalczak

We did not add the remote control feature until this year. It is very hard (almost impossible) to add the remote control system to the coach after it is built. The remote control system is a secondary control system - which requires almost double the wire to each control switch on the coach. Plus we use three way switches on the jacks, awning, each slide, etc. The switches are still on the unit, however the key fob can control each item also.

I hope this answers your question.

Aristakat

I called dealer today seemed like all were unaware of this option, so I sent them a copy of the vid... They called me back later and said my 2011 3550tsl was not installed with it during build and as Brian stated almost impossible now to go back and install... I was dissappointed that my 2011 didn't have this installed....

Bob Vaughn

With the remote can just one slide be put out ? Other brands it is all or nothing....some times we end up with a site that has a tree in the way of putting out a slide...

B

bwwalczak

The Big Country has an open hydraulic system - different than the remote system. If a Big Country has the hydraulic selector valves installed, you can select which slide to put out.