Rubber Slide Seal

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I noticed that the rubber D seals on the slide of our new Big Country remain flat and squished together when we open the slides. In otherwords, they do not expand back to the original shape.

Seems like a trivial issue until I started pricing this material. $12 a foot?

Anyone else have this problem and should I replace the seals? Can I cut out the flat sections and piece in some new without compromising the integrity of the seal?

Elevatorman

Pure silicone spray, or Aerospace 303 protectant. I had a problem with my slide seals sticking to the slide and pulling out with the slides. Someone on this forum recommended the silicone and all is well so far. It might bring them back before you have to replace them.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Pure silicone spray, or Aerospace 303 protectant. I had a problem with my slide seals sticking to the slide and pulling out with the slides. Someone on this forum recommended the silicone and all is well so far. It might bring them back before you have to replace them.

I am an advocate of 303! These seals have been treated but I was wondering if I should try to put something inside the D seal to keep it from sticking to itself!