New Purchase

BigJohn

Hi there, I am new to this forum and my wife and I a going to be in the near future purchasing a Cyclone 3010 and was wondering what you think about my 1999 Ford F-350 with V-10 and 4.30 rear end ratio if it will be a good setup for towing the 3010 Cyclone.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Big John,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will probably be OK, but I am not a weight and balance man. I am moving the post to the truck and towing rig area. You will get more replies there.

Enjoy the forum and go camping.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Big John, I don't know much about the V10. If it is like most gas engines, the fuel milage will suck. The 3010 is a pretty heavy unit. I think I would consider maybe up grading to a TV with a diesel engine. JMHO

BigJohn

Bob, I am thinking down the line I will upgrade to the Diesel on my next rig, but due to Financial Embarrassment 1 big toy at a time.
Thanks BigJohn

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Big John, thats a pretty common situation. Your TV will probably do fine, just will burn fuel.

truknutt

Committed Member
The older V-10s really are terrible for fuel mileage and power when pulling a heavy load. I have a 2001 and for cargo & car trailers it gets the job done admirably. In 2002, I pulled a 10,000 lb toyhauler a couple times up I-81 into NY and she really had to work. That's why I went to the PowerStroke in 2003. If you don't mind slow and steady and the fuel consumption, then you'll do fine until the finances can handle the burden of an upgrade.