Winterizing

How do I get anti-freeze into the system? Do I pour it into the fresh water holding tank first, or is there a way to use the pump and syphon it in from the bottle?

MC9

My 2010 Sundance has a hose dangling from the pump area for the siphon program. Don't forget to bypass the wh, no need to fill that. No need to winterize if you travel south in time. (but you probably knew that).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you don't want to do is pour the anti-freeze into the fresh water holding tank.
I do not have a Road Warrior, but I do own a Heartland Bighorn. I think the process would be about the same.
First open the petcock and drain the fresh water tank. That should be located near the axles on the off door side.
I your UDC, there should be two valves, one marked "water heater bypass" and one marked "winterize". Point the lever to those markings.
You should also see a hose with a plastic fitting on the end. Stick that hose into a gallon of RV anti-freeze and turn on your pump.
Then proceed open one faucet at a time till the pink stuff comes out. Do the hot and cold side. Don't forget the shower and outside shower. Be sure to have a sufficient amount in the P-traps. All of them. Flush the toilet till the pink runs out.
In short, every thing that uses water must have the pink stuff in it.
Take your compressed air and with low pressure, blow out the black tank flusher.
If you have an ice maker blow that out as well while keeping the solenoid valve open.
I may have missed something here, but someone on the forum will fill in the blanks.
Didn't your dealer go through this with you?
You can also do a search on this forum for winterization.

Peace
Dave

don46

I have a 2010 road warrior, there is no water heater bypass in the UDC, you will have to remove 4 screws and take the short panel behind the udc off, there is a short hose connected to the pump and as cookie says move the valve to winterize and it will draw out of your anti freeze jug. the water heater bypass is also located back there. there are also low point drains for both the hot and cold water by your water tank drain. Make sure you drain the water out of the washer hookups as well, its easy to forget those.

jimtoo

Universal Docking Center This is where your water hookup is and drain valve handles,, all the good stuff on the outside.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One more thing, don't forget to drain the water heater. Relieve the pressure before you pull the plug.

Peace
Dave

Bernie55

Some mothballs in a small cup, placed by the hot water heater will keep the spiders from building a nest.......