3814 4 Season Use

trackeer

We just ordered a 3814, love the 14 foot garage as it fills the bill perfectly to accomodate not only our motorcycles but our snowmobiles which will need to be staggered somewhat.
We ordered our 3814 from RV Wholesalers and expressed our concerns that this unit be insulated from bow to stern, and port to starboard "Boat Lingo", we fully intend to use this camper for winter activities and have read that some folks in previous models had some issues with insulation in the Garage and Underbelly??

Is it possible as this unit moves down the assembly line those who insulate give special attention to this unit and apply insulation throughout as needed, we have ordered Thermal Pane Windows to help keep heat in and want to make sure adequate insulation helps them work.

Thanks

Moe

Mike Aplin

Thank you for joining the Heartland RV family. All Cyclones have three types of insulation and vapor/moisture barriers as std. equipment. As far as the garage underbelly is concerned, that portion has never had insulation and a dedicated underbelly. We do wrap that section with a vapor/moisture barrier because the fuel cell and connecting steel reinforcments for the D-Rings are visible on the underneath side. If a customer wants/needs any additional insulation you may insulate and wrap ones own unit on your own or have your selling dealer install after the fact. Please contact them to let them know if this is something that you may be interested in as they can pre order any materials/insulation that they may need to complete your request. Once again, thank you for joining the Heartland RV family. Take care, Mike

trackeer

Thanks Mike,

Good info and I will pass along to my dealer the info you gave me, would rather know that the garage is not insulated then to find out in the dead of winter.

Thanks

Moe

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Moe, as Mike stated Cyclone garage floors are not insulated. You might ask if there is a heat duct in the garage. There are threads on here about insululating the floor and adding a heater duct ...do a search.

I added hard foam insulation to the floor in our BH. Its not hard to do. Just glue and screw. The coroplast you can get also. I would not use house type batting insulation unless you can make the bottom COMPLETELY water tight.

Last edited:

trackeer

I made comment to my Dealer and he called and spoke with Mike, lol and Mike said he had dropped a line in the forum. The dealer is getting the material and plans on insulating the Garage, I beleive and actually forgot to ask if the Garage is Heated??? I hate calling the poor sales guy every day, oh well I need to get this right because its a 800 mile trip one way to go get this trailer and a return trip is unlikely unless it is falling apart.

Thanks

Moe

PS, if all else fails I will grab the screw gun and have at it, lolololol:cool:

Mike Aplin

Yes, the garage does have a designated heat duct (another industry first in all floor plans). We also have an A/C duct and a fantastic fan as standard equipment in all divider wall floor plans. Take care, Mike

trackeer

Thanks Again Mike,

Really appreciate the prompt responces and answering my questions with good info, as I said this will be a 800 mile journey one way, and would rather take the time to make sure the camper is right then get back home and wish I had done my homework better.
Brad keeps me abreast daily and speaks volumes for the dealer and speaks volumes for how Heartland does biz. This is ourfirst RV and as I am sure many newbies know it is a learning experence.

Thanks for Your Help and hope we can take a drive to the factory before we head east.

Thanks

Moe:cool:

gpshemi

Just did this to my own the other week. I used liquid nails and hard foam. Only took two sheets of the R10. I suppose four if you want to double it for R-20, but I suspect the rest of the rig isn't THAT good. I plan on getting the coroplast in the spring as it's too cold to mess with it now.

kerinator

Actually on their website, Cyclone says the floor has a value of R27! So when Mike says that area is not insulated, how can they say it is R-27? I just bought a 2812 and would like to know also! One of the many reasons I bought it, was that it had that value of insulation!
Kerry