My introduction to Heartland Greystone

albertr

I purchased the new Greystone about 6 weeks ago. We traded our old 5th wheel for a much better layout. As we were leaving the dealer with the new 5th wheel I found that we had no brakes. Mechanics checked and found that 1 axle wires had not been connected and the other axle was so far out of adjustment that brakes could not work. We brought it home and backed into the driveway. Tried to dicconnect from the TV but the jacks would not work. Jacked up the front with crank and found out later that a fuse had blown. Next day moved the bedroom slide and the slide went out but the bed did not move. Tore the head board panels off because a screw had been driven into that wall. (the only screw that had been driven into anything). Bed had not been screwed to the floor. Went camping. When we arrived at the campground the fridge door front panel had slipped down and was resting on the fridge bottom frame. We removed the panel and are waiting for the parts that were missing that resulted in the panel falling. Misc. other minor problems like lock nut stripped on the power cord connection. Tank level indicators are out of whack. The dealer has been helpful. Maybe I got a monday morning built one. Did not see a lot of problems mentioned on this site. I am sure that all will work out OK. We have owned a number of trailers. This is the 3rd 5th wheel. The other 2 were Avion and Titanium by Glendale.

GOTTOYS

Sounds like they forgot to do a PDI at the dealership too. Yikes! I've only found a couple small details wrong with mine so far nothing I couldn't fix myself. I just got it Friday and I'm getting it set-up the way I want it and finally stocking in all that stuff I had in my garage from the last 2 trailers. Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
albertr, you sound like a very patient man. I would have been pretty frustrated with all those things going wrong the first few days. For sure what you describe is not the norm. I'm sure it will al be worked out to your satisfaction and the future outings will go much better. Hang in there!

Vtxkid

Albertr
My heart goes out to you!!! To pay that much for one of these units, you would expect maybe a minor issue "maybe" but not the BS that you have been dealing with...
Hope the best for your outcome!