Gutter drip

pickuphunt

We just spent a few hours in out new 3670RL. During a rain, the gutter drain outlet just about the entry door drips directly on the ' plastic fender flange'. It is equivalent to a "Chinese torture water drip" I tried the clothes pin trick, it worked on a prevous 5er, but not here. Any suggestions -- other than parking it up hill all the time so the water runs to the back --.

ct0218

Camping World has a pack of 4 gutter extenders, 2 left and 2 right, that work great. They're about $5-6, and they fit good and tight and give you about 1 1/2 inches of extension. Make sure that you order the extenders, as I remember the info was a little confusing on the website.

jbeletti

I got lucky - when I picked up my unit at RV Specialties, Matt Cameron had installed extensions on my gutters without my asking. At first, I thought he had found the package of 4 extensions in my trailer. But no, he was just being nice. I payed it forward by giving him my unopened package of extenders and asked him to add it to the next coach he gets in.

Since mine were added at the end of our camping season here in the Midwest, I have no idea of how well they are working out.

Jim

Mels Musty Music

Not sure which extenders everyone is using but I just installed Divert-R extenders on out 3055RL. They are made of rubber with about a 3" extention and work great. We spent Thanksgiving in a typical Washinton monsoon with no black streaks for a change. I have used the plastic extenders in the past with success but got too close to tree branches a few times which shortened their life.
You can find them here - http://plf-products.com/rvprod-divert-r.htm

Hank

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have used the Camping World/Walmart gutter extensions on a previous trailer and our 3400. From past experience, I used a small stainless sheetmetal screw to secure them to the existing factory extension. This will keep it from blowing off. I also put them on the gutter over large slide. I also trimmed away some aluminum from the factory gutter to reduce clogging of debris from the roof. In short, they work good.