It's not over yet..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was reading JohnDar's Official End of (my) Season thread. Then Newbie said We won't see good colors 'til mid October .

Well guys it may be winding down but the fat lady has not sang yet, and the colors are arriving. This was our day. Hope you enjoy.

Color one.jpg Color two.jpg Color 3.jpg

Color 4.jpg Color 5.jpg Color 6.jpg

Color 7.jpg Color 8.jpg Color 9.jpg

Color 10.jpg

What a day. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain so we will have to go out again on Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday afternoon.

BC

loafer

Hey Bob beautiful pictures .where r u I know you were going to Maine are these taken there.
Thx for sharing
Bill

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Might be the end of our RV season, but it's not the end of our travels. Still got a week at DizzyWorld and another at Gulf Shores coming up the beginning of November. Driving our new Equinox down there. Then settle down until Spring doing my other interests. Fire Fightering and Wood Butchery.

Those are nice photos, though, Bob. Similar scenery driving I-77 one year heading down to Myrtle Beach in the Fall.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Sorry.. We are in Randolph Vermont. These were taken on the northern half of Hwy 100.

This was taken in Maine, up near Hermon Maine a week ago.

maine 1.jpg Maine 2.jpg Maine 3.jpg

maine 4.jpg maine 5.jpg

We are looking foward to going on the South loop of hwy 100 by end of Friday.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
So Bobcat, What are, or should I say, where are your plans taking you this winter? Hope Pat and her lap buddy are doing well!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It looks like we will be in McKinney TX for Nov & Dec. Leave mid January for Livingston, Feb to Sweetheart Rally, Misson for at least a month, Rockport until time to go to Rayford Crossing for the April Rally then to Alaska if God is willing.

I read that you an Lin are going to be in Texas for a while also.. Hoping to see you

BC

Northern Virginia
Wow. Those are some great pictures. Do you have a background in photography? Many of those pictures (#7 in the first group) look like they are from a wall calendar.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10384&d=1285811803

John

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Good photos. Looks like the fall change has become. We got a COLD front the other day. It was only 86 instead of 97 today. Supposed to be in the 50's at night this weekend.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John
Thank you very much. You flatter me.. I just try to take pictures of the places we go. I have some friends that have told me things that would help me take nice photos. I have taken pictures since I was in the Navy in 1962-66.

These were taken with my Nikon D80 and a 12-200mm VR zoom lens.

I enjoy taking pictures and take about 4000-5000 each year as we started traveling full time.
So far I have taken about 3700. When you take that many you luck out and get a couple that are pretty good.
The old saying is you will usually get 1 or 2 good photos for every 1000 you take.

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
:)Wow, Navy pictures from 1962. How did you manage to take the photos and still man the oars???

TXBobcat

Fulltime
More color in Virginia...

We Went on a drive today and these are a few that I was able to come up with...

We are glad we stayed up here for the wonderful display of color.

DSC_3788M.jpg DSC_3817M.jpg DSC_3845M.jpg

DSC_3860M.jpg DSC_3866M.jpg DSC_3786M.jpg
And my favorite.
DSC_3827M.jpg

BC

Ernie & Lettie

Great Pics. The color reminds me of when we used to fly into Providence R,I in nov, and looking out the window of the airplane, just so pretty. Thanx for the pics Ernie & Lettie

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Great photo's Bob !! Always enjoyed your eye for that perfect shot !! We enjoyed visiting with you at the Ny rally and glad for all those shots you took there !!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks Greg. I enjoy trying to take some photos as we travel to different places. Some day I am going to try to make a book of all my photos.

I enjoyed the rally in NY also. If we make another trip to NY we will look to see if another rally is being scheculed.

BC

dklaw

Great photos of Vermont. We took some nice ones while up there also. Enjoyed the colors while there cause when we got back home, they were peaking here in New York. When the wind & rain storm came on Thursday that next week, most were completely all gone. I tried to upload a few pics of our trip in September I took the weekend we visited with you in Randolph Center, VT, but I guess I'm not doing something right. I clicked on the insert image to upload a jpg file, but it won't do anything. Any suggestions? We had a good time visiting with you.