Hauling a couple kayaks

Mike & Carol

New owner of Landmark Grand Canyon (being built),new to 5th wheelin', ....is anyone hauling multible kayaks from rear ladder?roof? Not really wanting to haul from truck roof or inside unit....any thoughts?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. You most likely have been reading and already know there is a ton of info here.
You must be excited to finally get your new rig.
As far as hauling kayaks on the ladder, I would not. They are made to climb up to the roof. But I do see people with all kinds of things hanging from their ladders.
Enjoy your new Landmark when it comes.

Peace
Dave

dewwood

Not sure how long your kayaks are but I would think they would be too long to haul on the back of your unit. You may also want to be cautious putting them on top so that you do not go over normal height for clearance which in most areas is 13'6" and even less on some secondary roads.

caissiel

We have 2 Kayaks that we put under the Trailer behind the wheels. They are 8'6" long and 8'0" long. I put them across the trailer been successful so far.
I had to move the spare to the front of the wheels to make room behind.

I use to carry them on the roof of the other unit but this one is to high and under works much better.

Bighurt

We have 2 Kayaks that we put under the Trailer behind the wheels. They are 8'6" long and 8'0" long. I put them across the trailer been successful so far.
I had to move the spare to the front of the wheels to make room behind.

I use to carry them on the roof of the other unit but this one is to high and under works much better.

Any pictures?

caissiel

Yes I do will its in my album
Only have a pic of the single kayak under with the spare still in place
This is the 102" long kayak that extends on the door side same as the awning does.

Attachments

• 460.jpg
    460.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 65

AnnieB

We have carried two 8.5' kayaks on both our 2003 Dodge dually and now on our 2008 super cab Ford. We have a Yakima rack with padding and strapping for and aft on the Yaks.