Safety issue?---reroute electric wire in bedroom

aatauses

Hi everyone,
We have a 2010 BH 3670. I have read here on the forum that it is possible for the electric wire in the bedroom to get chaffed on the slide out mechanism. Well, I check ours and it was chaffing the insulation around the wire. This is on the recepticle on the right side of the bed. This is what I did to fix the issue:
Lift bed and remove the plywood covering the machanism---held in by 4 screws
Look on the right side and see how your wire is routed to the recepticle----mine was routed between the plywood and the mechanism arm creating a chaffing when the arm moved in/out.
There is actually 2 pieces of plywood---one on the inside and one on the outside--creating a space of 1 1/2" between the two pieces.
DISCONNECT POWER---remove wire from the recepticle and push back into the storage area
I drilled a hole above the mechanism through the first piece of plywood and rerouted the wire into the "space" and then back to the recepticle----this way the mechanism can run in/out and the wire is above it and also behind the first piece of plywood.
Reconnect power.
Call/message if you need more.
al

Attachments

• 100_0533.JPG
    100_0533.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 136

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
You are right, i just waited till my shorted out, then fixed it. Wife smelled something burnt, and i finally found it.