Design changes

brains77396

Add a wall thermostat for the air-con. Put stabilizing jacks on the front. Add speakers in the front so the TV can be heard over the noise of the A/C.

MPG185-GA

I agree with all of these suggestions. I would like to add that for the 185 it would be better for if the two electrical outlets mounted under the sink were moved. They would be much more user friendly to be located one on the side of the pantry (useable for the left countertop) and one mounted in the far right corner of the countertop behind the sink (could be a raised box mount). Any electrical appliance on the countertop has to be plugged in at the front of the sink. As located, they are not very useful and it makes my wife nervous using the sink (water) right next to these outlets...GFI or not.

I would like to see the tv area by the master bed instead of near the table.The only time we watched TV was when we were heading to bed. Had to use a portable dvd player.Night lights near the master bed would also be cool.
Other then that some nice flood lights on the top of the MPG's would also be cool to light up the campsite during the night. Now Im being picky.Hahahaha
Other then that stuff i think the design is pretty wicked so far.

PapaMikey

I have been learning a lot from other MPG owners concerning things that need to be changed by Heartland. I haven't even taken ownership of my new MPG 181 yet, but should have it in the next couple of weeks. My brother-in-law and I have thought about this awning idea and think that a small (10-12 foot) containerized RV awning would work on the MPG. If there are aluminum studs in the walls, then they should be able to be anchored to somehow. The room awning kit that Heartland puts out for the MPG looks like it would be a pain to put up and take down. There has to be a better awning idea if there is actually room on that side of the unit to install one. It sounds like a lot of owners use their own ingenuity and skills to fix whatever problems pop up on their MPG units. I have already acquired some great knowledge, just from these postings, but stay tuned... once I get my unit, perhaps I too will have some good ideas. Thanks all for your postings.

marc515

PapaMikey - the Dometic tent for the MPG takes less than 10 minutes to set up. Since it is made for a pod type camper it fits nicely. There is a track along the top of the camper that the tent slides into. You slide it from one end to another, add the main pole to the dome side, and the 3 stabilizer poles from the camper to the
dome. My wife wanted to try it out before our 1st trip, but we don't have enough room where we tsore our camper, so she attached it to the clothesline. After 2 trips so far, we wouldn't want to be with out our dome. It's like an extra room for the camper. We love it. See my other threads on the MPG screen room. Marc