Microwave/convection oven TOO high to reach!

jsmwrm

To reach into the microwave requires a step-stool or chair to stand on...not very safe for a 5'3" w/a walker!

This is the situation in our 20093400RL Big Horn. Wondering what modifications others have made to correct this problem?:(

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jsmwrm, we had a 2008 BH 3400RL and I agree that the microwave was a bit high. But we knew that before we bought it.
The only thing that I would do is make it a countertop microwave. That would leave room for an extra cabinet where the microwave was.
Oh and by the way I deleted your duplicate post which is not allowed on this forum.

Peace
Dave

jsmwrm

Thanks Dave, for deleting the 2nd post (I couldn't find the 1st & wasn't sure it posted).

We ordered in 2007, rather than buy off the lot as they didn't have everthing we wanted in the RV & didn't realize how high the micro was above the stove until it was delivered. The stool or chair was do-able (thou no very safe w/hot stuff) until this past year with health issues. However, putting it on the counter, we'd rather not do, as there isn't a lot of space there to begin with! Wondering if there is a way to lower it with a different type, perhaps one with a built in exhaust fan & if anyone else has some ideas in order to bring it to a safer, usable level. Also, anyone know the clearance needed for safety between the stove top & the micro?