What Do you Store in Basement and Front Compartments

floridarandy

Looking at empty compartments of our recently acquired 2900MK and wondering what to put where. So, why not ask those who have trod this ground before:

1. What do you store in your outside basement?

2. What do you store in the outside front compartment?

3. What non-kitchen, non-clothing/bedding things do you store inside the coach (thinking the front closet won't need many hanging clothes.

We're not fulltimers but my goal is not to have to put much of anything in the rig to get ready to pull out for trips. I presume all clothing will fit inside drawers and the separate hanging compartment.

Rubbermaid tubs seem to be the storage item of choice.

Be as specific as you can...packing lists are great if you have em. I plan to get in there this weekend to start organizing.

FYI, we came from 10 years of large popup camping so I have a good idea of the "plumbing and electrical" issues in terms of items stored.

Thanks in advance....and a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Randy in Florida

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Some of the things we store in the basement front compartment are the 2 folding bicycles, the Husky air compressor (110v), and the out mat. In the regular basement is the ice maker, small Television, cleaning supplies, 2 pound propane bottle, Weber Q bar-b-que pit and stand, drinking water hose, and miscellaneous camping items such as extra caulk, caulking gun, several types of sewer connections, extra sewer hoses and all this stuff is kept in plastic containers. Or yea, the fishing stuff.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We/I keep everything related to the outside of the RV. We don't have an extra dorm reefer for beverages or anything like that.
Tools, lubricants, cleaners, grill, jack pads, bungees, anything used for maintenance and cleaning of the RV, flagpole, Dish tripod, compressor, shop vac, I could probably go on but...
Here are a few pictures I posted a while back.

Attachments

• 100_0677.JPG
    100_0677.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_0679.JPG
    100_0679.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_0680.JPG
    100_0680.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_0683.JPG
    100_0683.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Door Side.JPG
    Door Side.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 153

Moose

Ray;

You're a man after my own heart . . . . . first thing I see is "duct Tape". LOL

Bet there is some rabbit, bailing or tie wire in there somewhere too.

Love the idea of a small compressor. Any idea on what it weighs?

Last edited:

2010augusta

Basement: craftsman 8 drawer chest FULL of tools, 2 bag chairs, 2 coolers, a set of golf clubs, Tent camping gear, tent, jack-n-jill sleeping bag, camp stove, out of season clothes, misc electronics and cables, RV hook-up and leveling supplies. Every thing from clothes on is stored in totes. some stuff is stored in the coolers when not in use.

Front: Generator, 2 6-gal water jugs, electric heater, fan, spare Teflon ring for hitch, spray paint, spare oil, trans fluid.

we are full time.

Willym

I put my sewer hoise fuittings in a mesh bag and hang them in the port side propane tank enclosure. This is vented and keeps these fittings dry and odour free. I keep my satellite dish, stand and portable generators in the front compartment. The only problem is that I cannot get the front door fully open with the trailer hooked up. This makes it a little inconvenient if I want to boondock overnight and have AC power, for the TV, say for someone's important evening weekly drama that cannot be missed!

4ever

I the front compartment I have all sewer hoses and connections in a plastic tube, air compressor, grease gun, paint and other similar items, folding chairs, water hoses, Tv cable, bucket and brush for cleaning RV, supports for my slide out awanings (used 3/4" PVC to make supports for slide out awaning to keep water from pooling).

Basement, tool boxes, grill, storage conatiners, chairs, golf clubs, step ladder, leaf blower, etc

Ted

caissiel

We have everything loose in containers, Tools are in the truck Box. We use Roughneck containers and they just fit snug ib the height.

Attachments

• Heartland 001.jpg
    Heartland 001.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Heartland 002.jpg
    Heartland 002.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Heartland 004.jpg
    Heartland 004.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 124

Rocky

We have a Greystone 29MK, which is the same layout to a Sundance 200MK. We also moved from a pop-up to this trailer, so I am use to keeping items to a minimum. We are surprised at the amount of storage space in our new trailer (under chairs, in the table, overhead cabinets, etc.). We camp several times a year and our stays are for a week or two. Don't pack for every contingency, there is usually a Walmart/Target or a friendly camper nearby.
  • Outside Basement: small plastic bucket to keep sewer hose connectors in and another one to keep misc. fresh water related items in (regulators, sprayer, connectors, etc.). Weber Q gas grill and cart. Tool set is flat storage case. Several big plastic bins: 1 for RV stuff (folding shovel, ax, misc. tools, lubricants, rope, duct tape, etc) and others for fishing stuff. Note on bins: get see through and as tall as you can to maximize space.
  • Front Storage: 5 gal bucket to store the Black tank flush hose (50' coiled). 4 bag lawn chairs. Wood boards for leveling and jacks. Lynx leveling blocks and wheel chocks. Big plastic bin for dirty clothes bedroom chute. Exterior door mat. Fresh water hoses & filter (screw ends together to prevent leaking). Power Cord.
  • Inside Storage: we use IRIS storage boxes (I believe 46.6 quart) w/ weather-tight seal. They keep pest out and fit into the closet when not being used. We store any food or clothing that we want to leave in trailer between trips in these boxes.
  • Back Bumper: sewer hoses

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray;

You're a man after my own heart . . . . . first thing I see is "duct Tape". LOL

Bet there is some rabbit, bailing or tie wire in there somewhere tool.

Love the idea of a small compressor. Any idea on what it weighs?
Yup, duct tape is important. I don't have any pics of the other side but there is another tool box, a miscellaneous compartment box which does have tie wire in it.
The compressor weighs about 23 pounds and is easy to remove and use with a different hose.

Duramax1

We have the same trailer as you and I have claimed all of the bottom storage area for my things which are generally as follows:

1. Front Storage Compartment:

2000 watt Honda Generator
3 (?gal) Sears air compressor
2 x 6 volt golf cart batteries
folding step to provide a fourth step at the front door when conditions demand
3 (?gal) gas container
laundry storage container to catch the laundry dropped from the bedroom
barbeque stand

Passenger Side Entrance to Basement

I have four (open top and sloped sides) containers ( actually they are the type that can be stacked like shoe boxes) which fit perfectly side by side in the inset storage area just inside the door. I use them to store tools in the first, spare parts in the second, waxes etc in the third and more spare parts in the fourth.

Behind these containers I store a patio mat, barbeque, propane tank, inflatable boat, coleman stove, coleman light, fishing rod, roller blades, 5 gal water storage container for dry camping, tool kits etc.

Driver Side Entrance to Basement

A wash bucket in which I have a bag in which I store all of my extra hose connections, compressor tools, tv cable and things like that
A collapsible cart which I use to move the generator or full water storage container when dry camping, I am losing my strengh
My hoses, leveling blocks, wheel chocks, support for the black hose

That is pretty much it.

My wife claims responsibility for all inside storage...........no comment!