2011 Bighorn 3610 RE Dryer Vent Location

mtnbnd

I am installing a Splendide washer/dryer combo in my fifth wheel. I have purchased the vented unit and want to install the vent for dryer but cannot find info on the exact location. I know it goes on the door side but how far in from the front and how far down from the roof or up from the fifth wheel overhang? Pictures or diagrams would be great. Also when my washer hot/cold water valves were installed they are pionting to the back of the wall so the hoses cannot be conected without turning them. Can the PEX fittings be turned in the line or do they need to be cut and reattached?

Thanks for your help
mtnbnd

jimtoo

HI mtnbnd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure someone that has installed the Splendide will be in soon to give you an idea as to the location for the vent.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

goodtruck

We have a ER 34QRSL and have the Splendid vented unit.I had the dealer install the vent and they put it 25 inches from the bottom and 2 inches back from the front cap.Great unit can do 2 pair of jeans and a couple of t shirts in one load.Vented is the way to go the close try allot quicker with the vented then the non vented.

mtnbnd

I thought I would update everyone on the vented washer/dryer combo install on my 3610 Bighorn. First with the help of the morning dew I marked where the framework was in the area I intended to install the dryer vent. I then contacted the factory and was told that the hole needs to be centered 3” from the wall where the washer/dryer hookups are and it can be installed at any height. I was hesitant about this as I could see a cross brace going from the front cap back to the 1st wall stud about halfway between the roof and the 5th wheel overhang. I made a 4” circle 3” off the wall and 23” off the floor. I then took a small pick with a hammer and made several small holes around the radius of the circle to see if there was any framework within the circle, which there was. I had to move the circle back closer to the wall but at the same height to clear the stud which left only about 1/8” between the wall and the stud but enough room for the hose and clamp. The hole came out perfect without touching any of the graphics and was just below the cross brace.
The small pick I used worked very well in verifying where the framework was without damaging the wall as the small holes are very hard to see next to the washer.
I installed a washer/dryer combo so my vent is mounted just below the cross brace and not above as I have seen on several other units with the stacked washer dryer.
Also on another note the factory does not recommend turning the PEX fittings in the tubing as they can leak. They recommended they be cut and reattached so now I have some new tools in my toolbox.

Have Fun
mtnbnd