Mor-Ryde Pin Box

Mor Ryde pin box

Can the Landmark be ordered with the Mor-Ryde pin box?
Do you know if Mor-Ryde makes one that will work on the Landmark?
I have read that the rubber insulator is more effective against the "chucking" motion than the Trail-Air.

Scott

We do not offer the Mor-Ryde pin box, but if you really want one, you can order your Landmark with just a regular hitch and have your dealer install the Mor-Ryde for you.

ST

Mor Ryde pin box

Scott
Thanks for the quick reply.
One other question - Is the rear hitch reciever for a bike rack still under study?

jpmorgan37

Bill;
The pin box was $795, labor was $69, shop fee was $6.95 and tax was $48.12 for a total of $919.07. I had it done before the rally and they refunded the installation charge. Their phone number is (574) 293-1581 and their web site is www.morryde.com. I called and made an appointment and got in the evening before. They have electrical hook up at MorRyde's facility and it only took about an hour to install it. They start work early too. They were knocking on our door about 7:30. Hope this helps.
John

John

billd

Thanks for the reply, now to save a few pennies for a new pin box.

I appreciate the information.

Bill

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Does anyone know how TrailAir is coming on their replacement rubber block that is supposed to reduce the chucking? I heard this was in the works at last year's rally, but haven't heard anything since.

C

Chulinw

I understand that TrailAir has the new out now according to RV.NET posting. I would give them a call or email them look at the trailair.com web site. I don't know what the cost is but I want to make the Tampa RV
super show and look at one myself. I need one in order to get a better
ride.

ct0218

If you wouldn't mind checking if this can be retrofitted on the TrailAir we currently have that would be great. The TrailAir helps on most roads, but it can really beat you up once in a while.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I called Trailair this afternoon. There is an offering for a pin box unit that will reduce chucking, but nothing that will reduce both chucking and bouncing. There is one on the drawing board that will do both, but it will not be retrofit-able to the current Trailair models.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Mor Ryde Pin Boxes
I am looking for feedback from the members at the 07 rally in Goshen who purchased the Mor Ryde pin boxes or any others who have the Mor Ryde . If you dont want to post contact me privately. I would love to know what you think of your new pinbox!
Regards and thank you
Wayne

jpmorgan37

Wayne;

I bought my MorRyde pin box before the 2006 rally and have been singing it's praises ever since. It does not do much for up and down bounce (that's where the air bags, air suspension or an air hitch come in) but it takes almost all of the chucking out of the ride, and that's what I was looking for. Some of our roads will beat you to death with the chucking over the seams and the MorRyde pin box solves that problem.

John

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Thanks JP
We have paid close attention to the action we get with our unit. It is mostly chucking very little up and down so the Mor Ryde looks like a good fit for us.
We stayed at an ACE Scott Kerr Dam in Wilksborough NC. Beautiful place thanks for that tip as well.
Regards
Wayne

jpmorgan37

Wayne,

Glad you liked the Corps park. Come see us at Lake Georgetown in Texas. We'll be here all winter. If you get the MorRyde, I'm sure you'll like it.

John