Looks like we will be "closing shop" for the season

porthole

Retired
Planning on now putting the Cyclone to bed for the season. We had a great year, a bunch of good trips, even to some places I never considered going to before, e.g. Nashville.

Relatively speaking only a few minor problems, great weather for most of the trips and a great time at all the Heartland rallies.

Today we are at the Toms River Surgery center, Deb is getting her "temporary" spinal implant leads installed. Its an involved process. If they work then a permanent solution is in the works, if not - they go in and move them around a bit.

I'm sure the healing process will be slow and we are getting ready to order a new truck. So she needs to heal up and I need to get the GMC ready for trade.
End result - the Cyclone gets winterized.

But with a little luck and some mild weather we may still get another trip in before the new year.

Keep Deb in your thoughts today.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Deb, You will be in my thoughts today and I hope for you a speedy recovery. I sure hope this works for you back pain is no fun. Get well soon Kathy

Yianni

Best of luck to you Duane and Deb. We'll keep our fingers crossed everything works out well and keep you in our thoughts today.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Dwayne, Deb and i will keep Deb in our prayers and thoughts. Hope to see you guys again soon (check out the VA Spring Rally info).

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hope this works for Deb! We'll be praying for a good outcome and some relief from her pain. Good luck and stay in touch. We've still got a winter dinner to do with you guys! You pick the restaurant when Deb is feeling better!

hillsonwheels

Ditto on all the thoughts and prayers for Deb! Hope to see you both up and at'em soon. As Gus said, consider the VA rally. What's the truck upgrade gonna be?

Dick

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Duane and Debbie,
Only the best Deb, I know the pain you are in and hopefully you will get some relief and respite. Both of you have been very supportive of me, and our prayers are with you. One way or the other, something will work for you soon.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Since Deb didn't post it I guess I will.

It didn't work.
Bottom line is that the this was a "trial" implant. Doc inserted two thin wire leads using a hypo. Insertion around L4-5 and lead placement just below the shoulder blades inside the spinal column. Theory was that the stimulator would - well stimulate, the spinal cord in key areas.

First few days had mixed reviews and on the scheduled removal day (Friday) the decision was made to give it 4 more days of testing.

Apparently on Saturday the leads shifted, impinging on the sciatic nerve, causing a lot of pain.

By the time I came home form work Sunday morning she could barely move.
We ended up meeting her surgeon at the Parkway rest stop near our house where he removed the leads. Gives a new meaning emergency doctor visit!

Trial ended and not successful :(

jnbhobe

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for Debbie. Lets hope some thing else comes out to help relieve her pain. Patti & Jon

dieselsweetheart

So sorry to hear that Debbie....we were hoping to hear better news!

We have one more trip out next w/e to Killens Pond in DE. It's always our last trip out for the season....lovely down there with all the trees and the gold/red leaves! Already planning for next year and I think we're gonna be busier than ever! Lots of Heartland get-togethers...yay!!!

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Duane and Debbie,
Debbi and I are with you in spirit, and in our prayers.

Life is tough all around. I have to go in the hospital on Monday for an angiogram and possible stent. Please keep me in your prayers.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Deb--so sorry the procedure didn't work. I know the agony of back pain and it definitely impacts everything you do. We will keep you in our prayers.

good luck Larry with your angigram. We will add you to our prayer list.