Heartland Recreational Vehicles – Warranty/service Procedures

rikchris

We had an 06 Bighorn that had the same problem with water. Anytime we drove through rain, the carpet got soaked. We ended up fixing the problem ourselves. We are now waiting for the delivery of a 2011 Sundance 3100es. Can't wait.

nangeo

I have that exact rig and will sell it to you cheap...I have used it once and it is in the shop...I am furious with the company...it needs a bloody new roof!! They say my cloth cover damaged it!! It is new- 2011 3100es ...will gladly unload it!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Nangeo, who made the decision that your cover damaged the roof? Have you talked to Heartland directly or have you been in comunication with only the dealer?
I have heard of covers causing damage however.

Peace
Dave

future3490owner

Warranty terms

I always wondered why you can go and spend lots of money on a car and get a 3 to 7 year warranty from the manufacturer, but you spend $40k- 80,000 dollars on a camper and you get a 1 year warranty.

dalcbyman

Re: Warranty terms

I always wondered why you can go and spend lots of money on a car and get a 3 to 7 year warranty from the manufacturer, but you spend $40k- 80,000 dollars on a camper and you get a 1 year warranty.

And the dealers ***** about the warranty work unlike car dealers. Most car dealers I have delt with even gave us loaner cars.

Postie307

We still need all the deficiencies on our brand new 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel completely done. We are heading South and we don’t want to be held up because the quality control on this trailer is sub-standard.
We spent $75,000.00 on this 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel and we expected it to be quality and that is NOT what we received.

We are NOT impressed with the many many items needing to be fixed, which number between 20 & 30 in total!!
All our friends and family cannot believe it. We thought Heartland was a quality product but we are very disappointed. Not quality at all.
We were told parts would be in 4-5 weeks but no sign of them and no one seems to care.
Rick & Ardeth
2013 Heartland Big Country 3696RE

danemayer

We still need all the deficiencies on our brand new 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel completely done. We are heading South and we don’t want to be held up because the quality control on this trailer is sub-standard.
We spent $75,000.00 on this 5[SUP]th[/SUP] wheel and we expected it to be quality and that is NOT what we received.

We are NOT impressed with the many many items needing to be fixed, which number between 20 & 30 in total!!
All our friends and family cannot believe it. We thought Heartland was a quality product but we are very disappointed. Not quality at all.
We were told parts would be in 4-5 weeks but no sign of them and no one seems to care.
Rick & Ardeth
2013 Heartland Big Country 3696RE
Hi Rick & Ardeth,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sorry you're having problems. I saw your post from 2 weeks ago and it sounds like the dealer is working with you to clear everything up. I know from personal experience the frustration of waiting for parts to arrive when you're bumping up against a departure date.

One thing that may not be obvious is that some parts, like cabinet doors, or drawers can take extra time to get from the factory because they are made to order. There are an enormous number of trailer models and floorplans in production at any one time, with different size and finish of cabinets and drawers, and that all changes from year to year. There are probably many hundreds, if not thousands of different cabinets and drawers that the parts people deal with and it would be impractical to stock them.

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. A phone call usually works much better than emails. They should be able to confirm which parts are on order and when you can expect delivery. Also, if you haven't let your dealer know, you should make them aware of your travel plan so they know to expedite the work at their end.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
I am now on my second Heartland product, I just recently purchased a 2013 3610 Bighorn and yes there are a couple
of little things but overall quality is excellent but what I have noticed is every time I have contacted Heartland they have responded to me immediately and even mailed me parts directly. We had a Montana previously and you had to go to a
a dealer, they would not talk to you and sometimes that was difficult. The techs at heartland are wonderful,talk to them

dave10a

I have been struggling to get my axle alignment checked and repaired because the tires are feathering on the rear axle. I have not found a dealer within 100 miles that can do the work to my expectations. However, I have found a trailer/truck frame axle repair shop that can do the work properly while having a strong reputation for axle/frame repair. I assume that I can get the repair done while paying the bill and sending it to Heartland for reimbursement. Do I need approval before doing the repair and if so why as long as the repair is done properly and my tire feathering problem is resolved. My measurements show the hangers were not installed properly-- but I will see what the repair shop says.