Well, whopity &*(())%^ DO! Finally got started!!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Had new carpet put into the bedroom of the 3055RL today. Really like the new color and ease of cleaning. Nice dark rust color.

The floor mods with the outdoors pergo flooring for the kitchen and living room should start in the next 10 days. The underfloor heating mats will be installed during the upgrade. The dogs will be HAPPY! Let's see how this affects the heating bill during this winter.

The toilet will also have the pergo installed, along with a 1foot X 1foot under floor heater just too keep my little foot warm when I'm in the "library".

The shower will be removed, reshaped and reinstalled. A new mixing valve will be installed and leaking plastic piping repaired.

Pictures will be posted during the construction.

It is now official...EVERY PEX TERMINATION IN THE TRAILER, MEANING THE SHOWER, BATHROOM SINK, KITCHEN SINK, AND THE WASHER HOOKUP LEAKED AND HAD TO BE REPLACED. ALL THOSE TERMINATIONS HAD TO BE REPLACED AND THE PARTS AND LABOR WAS NOT CHEAP.:mad:

The rest will be replaced as part of the trailer upgrade. I'm not really a happy camper right now.

jbeletti

Congrats on moving forward with the new flooring Lefty. I have heard of no Heartlander using under-floor heating, so your results will be interesting to all.

Sorry to hear you've had the worst luck on PEX fittings. I know others have had one or 2 here or there - but dang, all of them? You are the poster child for PEX fitting leaks.

Give us a limb update if you're comfortable doing so.

Jim

Tankie

leftyf, was the new carpet more dense that the thin cheap stuff installed at factory. We want to replace carpet but want to go with a thicker more plush carpet, but it is taller than old and am concerned about slide clearance. Thanks Lonnie

fljlcw

glad to see you back on the forum lefty hope all is well with you medically and glad to hear your finally getting your mods done Fred

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'm really surprised to hear you've had so many leaks with PEX...the several small leaks we've had, not one of them was a PEX connection...weird.

We too replaced our carpet with a much better grade and 8lb padding underneath...to avoid a height problem we chose a lower pile sculputured carpet...both the carpet and pad have less height then the original "shag" type carpet with virtually no pad. We re-did the bedroom and the two slides in the living room with carpet...in the rest of the downstairs we used a beautiful resilient flooring called Tranquility...like it SOOO much we're putting it in our new coach house instead of tile like the last one. It's gonna look like an old barn-wood floor...to complement our "19th century, east coast shore home" decor. The best part, it's really light (great for the RV) and inexpensive...only 89 cents per square foot....AND looks absolutely REAL!! Has fooled many people thinking it's real wood...

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The laminate that is being put down is rated for use in bathrooms and other high moisture areas. It ain't cheap...but, with dogs, dog water bowls, and the other tragedies I've had happen in the kitchen...it's the only way to go. There's other things going on with the floor that I'll post about as the solutions come about.

Pulltab

Very interesting about the pex, I don't think I have ever had a pex fitting leak. Perhaps their tool was out of adjustment. Shame you paid to have it all replaced, would have been an interesting experiment to have just recrimped the rings. I put pex in an apartment house we bought when I replaced all the water lines and after over a 150 connections I had no leaks at all. Its the greatest stuff around in my opinion.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
leftyf, was the new carpet more dense that the thin cheap stuff installed at factory. We want to replace carpet but want to go with a thicker more plush carpet, but it is taller than old and am concerned about slide clearance. Thanks Lonnie

Taller and much more sense...so far, no problems.