Elk Ridge Slidetoppers

Crumgater

Our new 2011 29RKSA did not come with slidetopper/awnings.

After a really, really rainy night we pulled the slides in (it was still raining at the time) and the carpet under the slides is now wet (soak your socks wet). We're hoping it will dry, eventually... not an easy task in Seattle - especially in fall weather - and especially when the slides will be in most of the time (RV in storage during the week).

Would slidetoppers help alleviate this issue in the future?

If so, are they available for our unit? and how can we get some?

Thanks,
-Tina

jnbhobe

I wouldn't have a unit without toppers!! They help with keeping junk off the roof and water out although some do pool water in a storm and will flap in a hard wind. They are available aftermarket for your unit from almost everyone and can be installed by your self or a dealer.

B

bwwalczak

Slide toppers can be installed from any dealer. Slide toppers are a worthwhile investment if your primary activity is in a wet or debris (leaves, etc) filled area.

goodtruck

We have a ER 34QRSL and the Dealer installed slide toppers be for we picked it up.This is our first unit and will not have another without them.I use a beach ball in the middle of the big one to keep the water from pooling. the other 3 don,t seem to need it as they don,t collect water.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had our dealer put toppers on all four slides before we took delivery. Definitely recommend them, since we park under trees. The only one that pooled some was the large main slide, so I made the break-down PVC support (copied from other members) that you can see just under the topper in the photo. The other, smaller toppers remain tight and drain on their own. Only takes a couple of minutes to install or remove. All it needs to do is support the cover, not arch it. You do need a tall enough ladder, though, to put it up or remove.

View attachment 10790

The_Toads

Our new 2011 29RKSA did not come with slidetopper/awnings.

After a really, really rainy night we pulled the slides in (it was still raining at the time) and the carpet under the slides is now wet (soak your socks wet). We're hoping it will dry, eventually... not an easy task in Seattle - especially in fall weather - and especially when the slides will be in most of the time (RV in storage during the week).

Would slidetoppers help alleviate this issue in the future?

If so, are they available for our unit? and how can we get some?

Thanks,
-Tina
Camper World has all the slide toppers you can think of. But watch out for the installation costs. They can run as much as the toppers themselves. However, CW does have specials from time to time where the installation is a flat rate $ 75 per each instead of the $ 85/hour with a 4 hour minimum per slide.

Dean & Judy
The_Toads

Wharton

Slide toppers are required in any trailer we buy. They are great for the rain but we found the added benefit that the slide is cooler when it is hot out and the sun is on the slide.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don't have them. And after taking a few hours to scrape ice off the slides to pull them in, I'm inclined to look at adding them! (Have done this on more than one trip, skiing in New Mexico and Colorado.)

Wharton

We have been iced in(ice sorm) even with slide toppers. All we did was hook up the hose(still worked) and hosed them down, loosened the ice and were on our way.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, we have used water (in a bowl, from inside the RV) to get rid of ice as well. Our last trip, (when we were preparing to depart,) the temps were below zero.... not the time to be playing with water! :p