Racking Up The Miles

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
After one year of traveling the rally circuit I decided to do a little math. We have attended 9 official Heartland Rallies, 6 unofficial camp outs with Heartland friends and 2 RV Shows representing the Owners Club. All combined for 8,566 miles traveled! We loved every minute of getting together with friends and can't wait for next year!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I f you could claim all that as a business expense, you could be making money going to all the rallies. :D

Got to work on that one....

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I f you could claim all that as a business expense, you could be making money going to all the rallies. :D

Got to work on that one....

That's a good angle for you to figure out Larry. Let us know how you make out with it! For me it's creative scheduling combined with a sore butt to hang out with friends!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
A true rallyholic :):) Hope to see how your next year turns out.
B--

jnbhobe

Gee Wizz Debbie I tried hard and was only able to do about 5K. I guess I'll have to try harder. Glad you and John were able to have a good year of camping.

dieselsweetheart

Now you've gone and done it. The DE has ME figuring out what we did this season and how many miles WE went. :) How did you get to 9 rallies? Wow, you were everywhere!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Now you've gone and done it. The DE has ME figuring out what we did this season and how many miles WE went. :) How did you get to 9 rallies? Wow, you were everywhere!

Actually it is 1 year in time (not 1 camping season) and I counted everything since September 2009 which is when it all started.
Actual for this camping season would be 7 Rallies, 6 unofficial camp outs and 7264 miles.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Gee Wizz Debbie I tried hard and was only able to do about 5K. I guess I'll have to try harder. Glad you and John were able to have a good year of camping.

The Mt. Airy, NC Rally was 1056 miles round trip and the South Carolina/Eastern Region Rallies were 1446 round trip and those were the 2 longest rally trips. We actually spent very little time camping in Jersey this year and it was great doing things we normally wouldn't do for a weekend! We spent a great deal of time in the Southern states this season and the miles on I-95 add up quick.

Sounds like you and Patti had a pretty good year as well. Have a great winter and well see ya next season!

jbeletti

After one year of traveling the rally circuit I decided to do a little math. We have attended 9 official Heartland Rallies, 6 unofficial camp outs with Heartland friends and 2 RV Shows representing the Owners Club. All combined for 8,566 miles traveled! We loved every minute of getting together with friends and can't wait for next year!

Wow - that sounds like it could be a seasonal record. You may have me beat too!

Glad you had a great time out there doing what you love to do and making great friendships and memories.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have been to the Rayford crossing rally in April and one in Varona NY. So two rallys and about 9,458 miles on the trailer. That doesn't count the additional miles we put on the truck on day trips and just running around.

Screen capture of Streets & Trips 2010 With all trips added..
Miles in 2010.JPG

BC

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We have been to the Rayford crossing rally in April and one in Varona NY. So two rallys and about 9,458 miles on the trailer. That doesn't count the additional miles we put on the truck on day trips and just running around.

Screen capture of Streets & Trips 2010 With all trips added..
View attachment 10830

BC

Wow, and I thought my butt was sore! It sure was great meeting you in NY. Please travel safe until we see you next year (probably in Goshen unless you get out east again) God bless and enjoy!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
The Mt. Airy, NC Rally was 1056 miles round trip and the South Carolina/Eastern Region Rallies were 1446 round trip and those were the 2 longest rally trips. We actually spent very little time camping in Jersey this year and it was great doing things we normally wouldn't do for a weekend! We spent a great deal of time in the Southern states this season and the miles on I-95 add up quick.

Sounds like you and Patti had a pretty good year as well. Have a great winter and well see ya next season!

You keep up this kind of dedication you will need a new truck!.
And BTW, Sam and I really appreciate the amount of driving you had to do to make it to the SC rallies. We enjoy y'alls company very much.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
You keep up this kind of dedication you will need a new truck!.
And BTW, Sam and I really appreciate the amount of driving you had to do to make it to the SC rallies. We enjoy y'alls company very much.

There's already truck talk in our house! We enjoy you guys too! Let's go swimming again sometime soon.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
There's already truck talk in our house! We enjoy you guys too! Let's go swimming again sometime soon.
Talk of a new truck! Now John, don't be keeping secrets from me buddy.When you gonna pick it up?What color is it gonna be?Can I drive it?LOL

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Talk of a new truck! Now John, don't be keeping secrets from me buddy.When you gonna pick it up?What color is it gonna be?Can I drive it?LOL

Well Terry it will be the color of my choice. We'll get it when I'm ready and you can drive my truck if you bribe me with some of Renee's good Southern cookin'.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well Terry it will be the color of my choice. We'll get it when I'm ready and you can drive my truck if you bribe me with some of Renee's good Southern cookin'.
Renee can cook. That is for sure.Come on down.I will have her put something in the oven.