EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Townsend - 8/5/2011 to 8/7/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW - Tennessee's first rally have 2 more that have registered - Jim & Pat Beck and Reg & Nancy Hromek. Welcome ya'll! That brings us up to 8 rigs - well over half of the campsites being held. Keep it coming!!! :) :)

jpajax

Received word that we will be proud grandparents and the due date is in August. Might be short stay so if the creeks don't rise and the water don't break will there. Site #29

Nabo

Congratulations Jim & Pat on the news of upcoming grandparenthood this year sometime in August. Hey maybe we can have a grandparents party??? Glad ya'll are planning on coming but understand the waiting game as well.

Nabo

Would like to welcome Tom & Millie Combs and Ken & Pat McGraw who has signed up for the Rally. We are glad to have ya'll.
I have talked to the campground today and if we have 20 or more rigs, the campground will provide the BBQ on Saturday night. Right now the rally is currently at 10 rigs with several more months to go. We have eaten the BBQ from the place the cg gets it from and it's really good with the corn on the comb is to die-for. So come on down the Mountains in Tennessee.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Well, we reserved our site this morning and are excited about the rally. We are in site #27. We will be leaving around 6 am from the west end of TN ( Bartlett) and hope to arrive between 12-1 pm. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nabo

We will have the welcome mat out of ya'll - Bobby and Linda. Glad ya'll are coming. Hum - also can we pick ya'll brain about future rally sites in the western part of the state?? Your expertize in that part of the state would be greatly appreciated.

Nabo

Just heard from the Winkles who has had to cancel from the rally. We will miss them but understand why. Everyone wish them well on their trip to Alaska. Judy and Jerry - please take lots of pictures so ya'll can give a presentation on your adventures.

Nabo

Question everyone - would ya'll like to do a hayride in Cades Cove Saturday evening? The park service folks used to do a 2 hour hayride around the loop of Cades Cove in the summertime but I'm not sure if they are continuing this since the cutbacks. With the hayride being in the evening, you usually have a pretty good chance to see all kinds of wildlife in the meadows (bears, deer, wild turkey, etc). If there is enough interest, I'll get more information and pass it along to ya'll.

Last edited:

hillsonwheels

Count the Hills in! Don't know why everyone wouldn't be interested since we're sorta captive in the area and not a lot else to do unless you're interested in a long drive to the "bright lights and peanut butter"!

jbeletti

Hay ride sounds like fun. Think there are some caves in/neat Townsend too. We missed seeing them when we stayed there last as our dog was tiny and we didn't want to leave her yapping in the RV. She's mature now :)

Nabo

Sounds like a hayride might be the ticket. I'll get more info and let everyone know in a couple of days.
Porthole - the fireflies are a site to behold but unfortunately they usually are gone by mid to late July due to the heat. With that thought, it will have to be a must-do at a future rally. Thanks for reminding me of the great/fun event.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We love hayrides and cades cove, so what wouldn't be great? We just got back from a weekend at Hippensteal's. They are the best B&B ever and the view from the 3rd floor is great! We were with our (sob) camping friends and really enjoyed being in Gatlinburg again. We missed Cades Cv this trip but it's a go in August.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Reservations have been made to be with you at the Big Meadows Family Campground. We will arrive Friday 8/5 and leave Sunday. We are looking forward to another great Heartland Rally. Yahoo and Rally-Ho.;)

Nabo

Glad that you two are able to come to TN. Can't wait to see ya'll again at both the upcoming rallies.

Just tried to get in contact with the NPS about the hayride. The stables will not open til mid March so I will keep everyone informed as soon as I get the information.

Nabo

Just wanted to remind those that like to ride motorcycles, this rally will be a great opportunity to ride in the mountains. Also, the Dragon run is not to far away for those that would like to test their skills.

castiron

I sure hope that my wife and I can make this rally, as it is only about a 5 hr. drive from N. Alabama. I will have to wait until a little closer to time, to try and make both our schedules work out.
Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.