Slow posting again...

linuxkidd

Guys, we are continuing to push this issue and look for solutions. Please know we definitely feel your pain and are desperately working to get it corrected.

Thanks for your patience,
LK

linuxkidd

Guys... I don't want to celebrate yet.. but I think I might have found at least.. part of the issue..

Please report in with your experience with the post delays....

Thanks all for your patience!
LK

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I am doing very well at this time. Everything seems to respond quickly.

Looks like we are back in business agin..

Thanks Kidd.. Good Job.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had posted a test reply in our other thread and every thing I have replied to in this session has been very fast. Now I can't play Spider Solitaire while I wait for my posts to refresh.

jbeletti

Thanks for noticing Bill. Michael Kidd found a setting in the system that was not optimized. Once he got it dialed in - the forum flies!

The setting was missed when we moved to the new web host a couple months back. So the error was ours and was not a bad server or poor host.

That said, they did have an outage a week ago that had the forum down for the better part of the day. They to a local power surge that ate a couple of server blades and a network aggregator - whatever that is. They got them replaced right away, but our server did not come back up. We had to contact them to have it rebooted.

Since then, on another server at a different webhost, we've setup a Server Monitoring system that monitors the server our forum runs on. The next step is to configure the monitor to email and text Michael Kidd and myself if the server goes down. Then he and I can be more proactive with our webhost on getting it back up and running.

Hey, this is getting to be like work!

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
had to get the fire extinguisher out as the forum is smoking. LOL Thanks MK and JB