Back home with new 2011 Landmark Augusta

irogeo

We arrived back home on Friday afternoon with our new Landmark Augusta and are so in love with it. We really like all of the new upgrades. This being our very first RV ever we have learned lots of useful information but will probably need alot more from all of you. Today was a sad day as after living in it for a week we had to put it in winter storage. We had a great experience with Heartland and Great Lakes RV and RV Capitol Service Center. Everyone went above and beyond all expectations. We eagerly await George's retirement and being able to head south for the winters.

jbeletti

Congrats George and Iris. Happy to hear you love your unit and that you had a great dealer experience as well.

Where are you wintering?

Jim

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I hear the new Landmark Augusta's don't like winter storage at all....I'll be glad to take it off your hands for the winter. Hope George retires soon so you guys can enjoy one of the best 5er's out there.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Landmark. It's always an empty feeling putting a coach up for the winter but there's hope - remember that springs just around the corner.

Moose

Congratulations on your new Landmark. It's always an empty feeling putting a coach up for the winter but there's hope - remember that springs just around the corner.

The further up you go . . . . . the longer the corner is. LOL

Congrats Goerge and Iris on your new RV. We are also looking forward to wintering "down south" next year.

irogeo

Thank you all for the congrats. George and I will be wintering in our towne house in Sioux Falls, SD and our new Augusta is wintering in Larchwood, IA (however that is only 10 miles from us). But hopefully it will only spent 1 and at most 2 winters in that shed. Then it will winter much further south. We do plan a week trip to TX to the RGV in January in a car to look for the perfect RV park. We also hope to attend the Goshen rally in June.

DW_Gray

George and Iris, congratulations and welcome to the Heartland Family. You are going to have a great time and Amy and I look forward to meeting you at a rally sometime. If you haven't done so, please join the Heartland Owners Club for some great benefits.

I do have one suggestion for you though. I know you said you're storing it for the winter but If you can, you need to get your new Landmark on the road a few times. Even if it's just a few day trips of about 300 miles. You need to pull into a park and set it up to check things out. You may be able to make arrangements with a park at no charge. That 12 month warranty can go by fast.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
George & Iris, Congrats on your new Landmark. Stay warm, It's gonna be a longer winter now that you have something to look forward to in the Spring.:cool:

4ever

George & Iris,

Congatulations on your new rig. Sorry to hear that is has been put away for the winter. Need to retire so you can spend more time in the rig and get out of the cold North. I think Dave's advise above is very good. He is correct about how fast the year will go by. We also purchased our unit at Great Lakes Rv and would aggre wiht you about the service at RV Cpaital. JD and his crew our great to work with.

Hope you have great trips with your new unit.

Ted

irogeo

Dave & Amy, Thanks for your congrats and advise. We did stay in the unit 4 days and nights after delivery and plan to take it out in spring to a local campground for a month or so. Also would like to attend Goshen rally.