Winterizing

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
Could you tell me where I can find the siphon hose on my 315 REDS? I want to add RV Antifreeze to the water lines. Thank you.
Treeban

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Treeban, your winterizing siphon hose should be very close to the fresh water pump. I'm not familiar with your rig but if you know the location of the pump, you should see the siphon line. Make sure you close the valve between the pump and the tank in order for the pump to be able to pull from the bottle of anti freeze

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
OK Ray, thanks for the info. I guess I expected to hear from the Caliber people themselves, telling me exactly where to find the hose, rather than a "search & listen" method. I do not know the location of the pump, but from the sound of it, it appears to be somewhere behind the fridge? I guess I need to start with a screwdriver, removing panels, looking for valves & hoping I will find it?

Treeban

Caliber Senior Owner
Latest update: I found the siphon hose on our Caliber 315 REDS. It's behind the louvered panel below the fridge. Removing the 4 screws exposed the hose & the valves. My previous posts may seem to be a little negative, but I am OCD & I think the owners manual could address some of these things in better detail. By the way, the manual that comes with the built-in AM-FM -CD-DVD player is awful! After all is said, however, my wife & I absolutely love the Caliber, it's looks, it's construction, etc. I would recommend buying one to anyone who asks. We look forward to many happy years of camping with this rig & do not expect to be ExCaliber owners for a long time.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Treeban, since you answered your own question, I moved your thread out of Ask the Factory and into the Caliber General Discussions.

Peace
Dave