No Longer Swapping Furniture

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I replaced the couch with a home theater seating. So, now I do not need to swap the couch and recliners around when traveling. Purchased the seating from a local furniture store in Dallas. Thanks to Bill and Ornell Sims for the idea.

Attachments

• TheaterSeat.jpg
    TheaterSeat.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 428

Moose

Nice looking mod.

BTW is the picture in your sig taken at the Cynthia Mitchell Pavillion in The Woodlands? The location looks familiar but I can't place it.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
That's what I have been telling Kenny I wanted in place of the couch to no avail. I first saw Jimtoo and loved it. Was It hard to get in the trailer terry ? Kenny tells me it will be.

dieselsweetheart

We changed our sofa and chairs and I really like the sofa in the back now..plus the slides go in without having to move the chairs. I didn't think I would like it back there at first and even poo-poo'ed the first time DH mentioned it. But I really enjoy the sofa in the back with light over my shoulder to read... wish we would have done that 5 years ago!

Moose

We changed our sofa and chairs and I really like the sofa in the back now..plus the slides go in without having to move the chairs. I didn't think I would like it back there at first and even poo-poo'ed the first time DH mentioned it. But I really enjoy the sofa in the back with light over my shoulder to read... wish we would have done that 5 years ago!

Moral of the story . . . . . DH are always right! LOL (As I duck and run . . . . )

Terry H

Staff member
Moose,

The Signature Picture was taken at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, MI. It is a sculpture of Fred and Lena Meijer, he started a grocery store chain in Michigan. He and his wife were major contributors to the Gardens & Sculpture Park.

Kathy,

Before buying the theater seating I made sure that it could be disassembled so it could fit in the trailer. I disassembled it into six pieces. The backs unclipped from the seat bases. I then unbolted the seats and the center console from the frame. I carried the six pieces into the trailer and reassembled them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
just to confirm, this replaced the stand-alone recliners? So the theater seating still reclines, but no longer swivels like separate recliners, correct?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

So it's not a problem that the sofa covers up a heater vent?

Terry H

Staff member
just to confirm, this replaced the stand-alone recliners? So the theater seating still reclines, but no longer swivels like separate recliners, correct?

We replaced the air bed couch with the Theater seating. We still have recliners, that are Lazyboy's we bought from a furniture store.

h2ok9

sorry don't have pictures, but we took the swivel rockers out of our 2011 rushmore and replace them with berkline theatre chairs. They are shipped seperate backs and bottoms so they easily fit thru the trailer door and assembly was easy. They are wall hugger leather recliners. There is a cubbyhole in arm rest for remote storage and both chairs have cupholders and a storage area for laptop tables that mount on armrests and swivel. Tables can hold laptop computor or snacks meals.
were a great addition insted of rocker recliners. I'll check company name and model #'s and post later.

h2ok9

back with model #'s i ordered the chairs from theatrestore.com. There are others, but got best price here (approx $1100) with extended warranty and delivery and installation (white glove treatment). They are Berkline "Reno" models. There are several models. You can order with double arms or single and all the measurements are available so you can configure for size that fits. Originally we ordered to replace sofa sleeper in 1997 32" Holiday Rambler TT. We began living in it full time and needed comfort, not a sleeper couch. Removed one dinette booth seat and table--replaced with freestanding table and 2 chairs. Worked great. When we bought rushmore in april, assumed we would move theatre chairs in, in place of swivel rockers. Much more comfortable and with swivel tray tables extremely handy. they are also available with heat and massagers i think but get pretty heavy with the electric motors. They are however heavy enough that strapping down wasn't required for our recent trip to Eureka Springs. Chairs traveled fine.

ParkIt

Funny timing as I already bought a 'double theater' unit at a discount warehouse for $450 and our 3500RL won't be here for 3 weeks! They are wall huggers, do not swivel and won't cover the heating vent if I measured correctly. There are 6 pieces wrapped in the garage so it shouldn't be a problem getting them in the door. While I like the RL layout I think the recliners should be where the couch is and couch where recliners are, drove a local dealer nuts on a 2009 unit that I only wanted to use for measuring.
The 2nd thing that will be changed are the mirror closet doors to wood doors in the bedroom, I don't need to see *that* much of myself! lol

mmomega

AnyTimer
Love it! I've gotta get the DW on here tonight to see the pics. Slowly but surely turning it into a man cave, haha.

mmomega

AnyTimer
JD & Glenda, did you pick up that Key Largo today?
Going to get it tomorrow, 9 AM sharp!! I don't want to go to sleep, lol. They threw in a new Superglide quickconnect plate since we need it for our hitch and giving a decent discount on a VuCube Sat dish since they said the last dealer botched up the install on the other roof mount.